Book translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
KEK
Rookie
Rookie

Book translation

Post by KEK »

Hello, could use some help. I don't need this translated word for word but I would like to know some of what is written. I know both these children died in a cholera epidemic two years before my grandfather was born. They are from the same village and they have the same last name as my grandfather, my grandfather was named Francesco Antonio. Sooooooo am wondering if my grandfather was named after them.....because twins have been mentioned in my family history and we thought my grandfather was a twin but he was not. Anyway here goes....thanks in advance for any help.

Ancora due fratelli deceduti nel giro di qualche giorno:
Cunti Antonio
Figlio di Clemente e Rosa Vitelli morto il 2 novembre

Anno Domini millesimo octingentesimo sexagesimo septimo (1867)
die secunda mensis Novembris, Antonius Cunti filius quondam Clementis et Rosa Vitelli, Coelum petiit, omnibus necessariis Sacramentis refectus, ejusque corpus traslatum fuit in Campestri Cemeterio huijus terre Baja, ubi et sepultum propter choleram.

Cunti Francesco
Figlio di clemente e Rosa Vitelli morto 5 novembre

Anno Domini millesimo octingentesimo sexagesimo septimo (1867) die vero quinto mensis Novembris, Franciscus Cunti filius quondam Clementis et Rosa Vitelli, abdormivit in Domino, omnibus necessariis Sacramentis refectus, ejusque corpus traslatum fuit in Campestri Cemeterio hujus terra Baja, ubi est sepultum propter choleram.

Fortunatamente ci sono lontani ed estranei i sacrifici, le sofferenze ed il dolore di quei mesi: bisognava vivere, anzi sopravvivere, dar da mangiare ai figli ed assicurare un minimo di vivibilita.
Occorreva corraggio e ne ebbero tanto!

It is my understanding that the parents of these boys also died in the same epidemic.

Thanks for your help.
Katherine
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Kate:

"Still two siblings passed away in some day:
Cunti Antonio
son of Clement and Rosa Vitelli died the 2 November .

God' s Year 1867,
the second day of November's month ,
Antonio Cunti son of Clemente and Rosa Vitelli, to the sky went, with all necessary sacraments, just the body was carried in the Rustic Cemetary(Cimitero Campestre) close lands Baja, buried in place for colera .

....(ditto for Francesco Cunti: but dies 5 November 1867)
Fortunately there are far and strangers the sacrifices, the suffering and the pain of those months: it had living, indeed to survive, to give to eat the sons and to assure a worthy life's minimum. It was necessary courage and of they had a lot!"
Truly ago to suppose that the parents are survivors....
:wink: regards, suanj
KEK
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KEK »

Thanks Suanj!

Looks like I had it figured out even if I can't read one word of Italian. :)

According to this little book two cholera epidemics hit this small village of Baia e Latina (all written in Italian) many, many, people died. So sad!

Katherine
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Kek, this phrases are in Italian and Latin... Moreover :Yes, So sad!! Regards, suanj