Translators

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ronb116

Translators

Post by ronb116 »

First of all I'd like to thank all the people in this forum who take the time to help out us newbies in here. It's very kind of you and evidently your here to help. My question is, is there anybody who really enjoys translating the old documents and takes it on as a challenge or is it to just help someone out? I have several documents that I would like to have translated but I don't want to just push it off on someone for my enjoyment. I try to use the translating sites as much as possible but the script writing is very hard for me. So if you enjoy the challenge and would be willing then email me. Thanks again ALL. :D

Ron
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Translators

Post by Cathynap »

Why don't you start out by posting one of the documents here. I'm sure if anyone can read it they will post their translations here. If you need help posting it let me know.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi Ron..

Several members here are quite capable and willing to translate simple documents to help each other out so I would do as Cathy suggests and post some of them and see what happens.

Of course, if the records are too long or too complicated, chances are you won't get them fully translated..its just a time thing.

Another great site if you want to attempt translating some of the Birth, Marriage or Death Acts yourself is this one...

http://www.comunesofitaly.org/tools_ruth_nerud

Let us know if it helped at all! :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
ronb116

Post by ronb116 »

Hello all,

I am back from vacation and I thank you for the responses. Here is document that I can't understand fully. It is in jpeg format because I get it to post in tif from Photobucket. Thanks in advance for any information.

Ron

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z151 ... Death_.jpg