World War 2 Veterans

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Conch1323

World War 2 Veterans

Post by Conch1323 »

Good evening, I am very new at this and was thinking that this would be a way of approaching my research. I am trying to find information of my grandfathers war efforts. All i know is that he was a World War 2 veteran and was a POW in Germany. My mother has advised me that he did not talk about the war and that he was definately injured. My grandfather has since passed away and I was extremely close to him and I would like to know about his past if I can. Any information at all would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: World War 2 Veterans

Post by Biff83 »

Conch,

Does anyone have copies of your grandfather's discharge papers? These contain a wealth of information that will help document his WWII service. Likewise, most divisions issued unit histories to members which were published in Germany after the war. You might check to see if anyone has a copy. If you can post his name, I'll check to see if I can locate his serial number.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Re: World War 2 Veterans

Post by Cathynap »

Ancestry.com has thei military records free for a few more days - maybe you can get a copy of his registration there. Or post his name as Biff suggests. We can see if we can get it for you.