I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by vj »

Interesting? A son?

Cascio's Steak House
1620 S. 10th St
Omaha, Nebraska
(402) 345-8313
Joe Cascio founded this Italian steakhouse in 1946.
Six decades later, the Cascio family still serves up the T-bones,
mostaccioli and other fare that made the restaurant an Omaha staple.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by suanj »

This sure is Filadelpo's son! Great! Maybe it are some Joe's son! great vj! kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by vj »

Interesting, but he's not on the
possible 1920 census...
Birth year wrong for 1913 immigration.

Name: Christopher Sam Cascio
Social Security #: xxx-xx-4641
Birth Date: 24 Dec 1912
Birthplace: Nebraska
Death Date: 30 Oct 1989
Death Place: Los Angeles
Mother's Maiden Name: Siragusa
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by suanj »

Siragusa/ Siracusa.... is a sicilian surname and also town.... on the 1920 census it seem that the first and only child is Fredy... no infos abt he? kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by vj »

suanj,
and another, probably a coincidence
having difficulty finding the 1930 census
will keep looking :D
Valarie

Name: John Elmer Cascio
Social Security #: xxx-xx2703
Birth Date: 3 Feb 1917
Birthplace: Nebraska
Death Date: 18 Aug 1992
Death Place: Los Angeles
Mother's Maiden Name: Sirgusa
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by vj »

Fred?

Name: Alfred F. Cascio
SSN: xxx-xx-8620
Last Residence: 68147 Bellevue, Sarpy, Nebraska
Born: 10 May 1914 Died: 7 Apr 1999
State (Year) SSN issued: Railroad Board (Issued Through)
(Before 1951 )
User avatar
delonotte
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 01 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: Italy

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by delonotte »

No, non ho fatto ricerche sugli infermieri. Qualche mese fa ho conosciuto una donna, nata nel 1943 nello stesso ospedale, anche lei lasciata in adozione, e i nomi degli infermieri testimoni erano gli stessi. Non lo so, ma ho creduto fossero utilizzati sempre gli stessi nomi. Insomma due testimoni fittizi.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by vj »

Filadelfa's son Fred?

More on the Steakhouse

Newspaper Feb. 8, 1963
Alfred Cascio and Eileen Cascio, doing business as Cascio's Steak & Pizza House.
Defendants operate a bar and steak house in the city of Omaha.
(they lost this lawsuit)
The plaintiff, on the evening of August 28, 1959, was a patron or invitee on the premises.
After plaintiff had ordered his meal, he left the table to go to the men's room.
He went to a door which he assumed to be the men's room.
This door was near the exit door, had no sign, and was unlocked.
Plaintiff opened the door and fell down the basement steps, sustaining permanent injuries
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by vj »

A possible connection Alfred Cascio b 1914, d 1999?

Family Takes Back Control of Omaha, Neb., Steak House.
1999 Knight-Ridder/Tribune Business News
Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News
Jun. 24 -- Cascio's Steak House is back in the hands of the family that
started the downtown Omaha restaurant 65 years ago.
---

Family Takes Back Control of Omaha, Neb., Steak House.
Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News
Jun 25, 1999
Larry Cascio, 54, hopes to win back such customers.
Co-founder Al Cascio sold the restaurant to his nephew
Larry shortly before his death in April.
---

Family fights in court for control of estate
Lincoln Journal Star (Nebraska), B; Pg. 2
October 11, 1999
OMAHA (AP) Family members of the late, well-known Omaha restaurant owner Al Cascio fear that his 80-year-old widow is being taken advantage of by a man who married her only four months after Cascio died. But Russell Hansen, 47, told the Omaha World-Herald through his attorney that he has a...
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by suanj »

delonotte wrote:No, non ho fatto ricerche sugli infermieri. Qualche mese fa ho conosciuto una donna, nata nel 1943 nello stesso ospedale, anche lei lasciata in adozione, e i nomi degli infermieri testimoni erano gli stessi. Non lo so, ma ho creduto fossero utilizzati sempre gli stessi nomi. Insomma due testimoni fittizi.
non credo, erano solo due persone che lavoravano allo stesso reparto, come infermieri; io ho trovato atti di nascita con sempre gli stessi nomi per circa 10 anni in una stessa città.... erano persone disponibili, nullafacenti, che facevano i testimoni in cambio di una mancia... nell'ospedale è diverso invece, penso che fossero semplicemente gli infermieri del reparto di quell'epoca in quell'ospedale, e che avevano assistito al parto in qualche modo.... l'unica cosa, se l'ospedale ha l'archivio si potrebbe vedere... non è lecito, ma forse potrebbero farti questa cortesia e vedere quali donne erano ricoverate in Ostetricia/Maternità in quei giorni.... la degenza deve cmq essere stata registrata con il nome vero della donna, per esempio entrata in data tot, dimessa in data tot..... ciao suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by suanj »

Hi Vj, with all records that you found i believe that ValeriA have now, so much new infos! This really is the correct family! great! thanks a lot, kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
delonotte
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 01 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: Italy

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by delonotte »

Vi ringrazio tutti!
Proverò a contattarli. Presto vi darò notizie!
Un grazie paarticolare a Suanj, non conoscevo questo sito, ed è sbalorditivico come siate riusciti in così poco tempo a darmi tutte queste notizie!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by suanj »

happy of to help you, but a special thanks to dear valeriE!!! kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by vj »

suanj & Valeria :D ,
Very happy to help, sorry we couldn't find that
1930 census :(
Valarie
User avatar
Smm2559
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 Feb 2006, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.

Re: I'm looking for about JOHN CASCIO

Post by Smm2559 »

I am from Omaha and still live in the area. All of my family on my fathers side is from the Siracusa area. Any help you would like I would be more than willing to help.
Post Reply