Letter to Italy trying to find relatives

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
raviolis

Letter to Italy trying to find relatives

Post by raviolis »

Hello.
I have made a brief letter I would like to send out to a San Vito Chietino , Chieti in hopes of finding some relatives. I did a check on the Italian white pages and there are some families with the last names I am researching. I did a translation on babelfish, but if someone could read this and make sure it is correct, that would be great! I will put the Italian version and then the English version so you can compare!!

Ciao,
Il mio nome è angelo Rogers. Vivo nello States.I unito che cerca i parenti con l'ultimo nome di Altobelli e di D'angelo dal San Vito Chietino. La mia nonna grande era Anna Nicoletta Altobelli sopportato April 08, 1872 che ha sposato Enrico D'angelo. Il suo nipote era Rocco Altobelli, un il marinaio.Se siamo volontà relativa scrivete prego me. Amerei ottenere in contatto con la famiglia in Italia!
Grazie Angel Rogers

Hello,
My name is Angel Rogers. I live in the United States.I am searching for relatives with the last name of Altobelli and D'angelo from San Vito Chietino. My great grandmother was Anna Nicoletta Altobelli born April, 8, 1872 who married Enrico D'angelo. Her nephew was Rocco Altobelli, a sailor. If we are related will you please write to me. I would love to get in contact with family in Italy! Thank you

Angel Rogers
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Letter to Italy trying to find relatives

Post by Biff83 »

Angel,

Here's a link to a form letter which will work better than the Babelfish translation.

http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... #relatives

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
raviolis

Post by raviolis »

Thanks, this is great! Does Italian have masculine and feminine. Like David Zerga has the form letter and in Italian i reads Il mio. For a girl would it be Il mia? Thanks again!
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Angel,
Italian does have masculine and feminine nouns. The noun "nome" (name) is masculine and therefore the article and possessive adjective must agree in gender and number so il mio nome is correct. However, if the noun were feminine like nonna (grandmother) it would be la mia nonna. If you're interested, here are a couple of sites which will help you understand Italian grammar and syntax while you build a vocabulary.

http://www.gwc.org.uk/ModernLang/hotpot ... Index.html

http://www.ielanguages.com/italian1.html

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/languag ... talian.htm
Lost_in_the_Genealogy

Post by Lost_in_the_Genealogy »

raviolis wrote:Hello.

Ciao,
Il mio nome è angelo Rogers. Vivo nello States.I unito che cerca i parenti con l'ultimo nome di Altobelli e di D'angelo dal San Vito Chietino. La mia nonna grande era Anna Nicoletta Altobelli sopportato April 08, 1872 che ha sposato Enrico D'angelo. Il suo nipote era Rocco Altobelli, un il marinaio.Se siamo volontà relativa scrivete prego me. Amerei ottenere in contatto con la famiglia in Italia!
Grazie Angel Rogers

Hello,
My name is Angel Rogers. I live in the United States.I am searching for relatives with the last name of Altobelli and D'angelo from San Vito Chietino. My great grandmother was Anna Nicoletta Altobelli born April, 8, 1872 who married Enrico D'angelo. Her nephew was Rocco Altobelli, a sailor. If we are related will you please write to me. I would love to get in contact with family in Italy! Thank you

Angel Rogers
Egregio signore/a,
mi chiamo Angel Roberts. Vivo negli Stati Uniti. Sto cercando parenti con Altobelli e D'Angelo come cognome e originari di San Vito Chietino. La mia bis-nonna si chiamava Anna Nicoletta Altobelli. E' nata l'8 aprile 1872 e sposata con Enrico D'Angelo. Suo nipote si chiamava Rocco Altobelli, di mestiere marinaio. Se siamo imparentati con Lei, per piacere mi scriva. Mi piacerebbe moltissimo entrare in contatto con la mia famiglia originaria in Italia.
La ringrazio
Con la presente colgo l'occasione per porgere distinti saluti.
Angel Roberts
raviolis

Post by raviolis »

Thank you all for your help. I need to go forward with this now. Wish me luck!!
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Buona Fortuna!

Let us know how you make out.

Best,
Biff