Hello.
I have made a brief letter I would like to send out to a San Vito Chietino , Chieti in hopes of finding some relatives. I did a check on the Italian white pages and there are some families with the last names I am researching. I did a translation on babelfish, but if someone could read this and make sure it is correct, that would be great! I will put the Italian version and then the English version so you can compare!!
Ciao,
Il mio nome è angelo Rogers. Vivo nello States.I unito che cerca i parenti con l'ultimo nome di Altobelli e di D'angelo dal San Vito Chietino. La mia nonna grande era Anna Nicoletta Altobelli sopportato April 08, 1872 che ha sposato Enrico D'angelo. Il suo nipote era Rocco Altobelli, un il marinaio.Se siamo volontà relativa scrivete prego me. Amerei ottenere in contatto con la famiglia in Italia!
Grazie Angel Rogers
Hello,
My name is Angel Rogers. I live in the United States.I am searching for relatives with the last name of Altobelli and D'angelo from San Vito Chietino. My great grandmother was Anna Nicoletta Altobelli born April, 8, 1872 who married Enrico D'angelo. Her nephew was Rocco Altobelli, a sailor. If we are related will you please write to me. I would love to get in contact with family in Italy! Thank you
Angel Rogers
Letter to Italy trying to find relatives
Re: Letter to Italy trying to find relatives
Angel,
Here's a link to a form letter which will work better than the Babelfish translation.
http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... #relatives
Biff
Here's a link to a form letter which will work better than the Babelfish translation.
http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... #relatives
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Letter to Italy trying to find relatives
Thanks, this is great! Does Italian have masculine and feminine. Like David Zerga has the form letter and in Italian i reads Il mio. For a girl would it be Il mia? Thanks again!
Re: Letter to Italy trying to find relatives
Angel,
Italian does have masculine and feminine nouns. The noun "nome" (name) is masculine and therefore the article and possessive adjective must agree in gender and number so il mio nome is correct. However, if the noun were feminine like nonna (grandmother) it would be la mia nonna. If you're interested, here are a couple of sites which will help you understand Italian grammar and syntax while you build a vocabulary.
http://www.gwc.org.uk/ModernLang/hotpot ... Index.html
http://www.ielanguages.com/italian1.html
http://www.education.vic.gov.au/languag ... talian.htm
Italian does have masculine and feminine nouns. The noun "nome" (name) is masculine and therefore the article and possessive adjective must agree in gender and number so il mio nome is correct. However, if the noun were feminine like nonna (grandmother) it would be la mia nonna. If you're interested, here are a couple of sites which will help you understand Italian grammar and syntax while you build a vocabulary.
http://www.gwc.org.uk/ModernLang/hotpot ... Index.html
http://www.ielanguages.com/italian1.html
http://www.education.vic.gov.au/languag ... talian.htm
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
- Lost_in_the_Genealogy
- Newbie

- Posts: 13
- Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 00:00
- Location: Italy
Re: Letter to Italy trying to find relatives
Egregio signore/a,raviolis wrote:Hello.
Ciao,
Il mio nome è angelo Rogers. Vivo nello States.I unito che cerca i parenti con l'ultimo nome di Altobelli e di D'angelo dal San Vito Chietino. La mia nonna grande era Anna Nicoletta Altobelli sopportato April 08, 1872 che ha sposato Enrico D'angelo. Il suo nipote era Rocco Altobelli, un il marinaio.Se siamo volontà relativa scrivete prego me. Amerei ottenere in contatto con la famiglia in Italia!
Grazie Angel Rogers
Hello,
My name is Angel Rogers. I live in the United States.I am searching for relatives with the last name of Altobelli and D'angelo from San Vito Chietino. My great grandmother was Anna Nicoletta Altobelli born April, 8, 1872 who married Enrico D'angelo. Her nephew was Rocco Altobelli, a sailor. If we are related will you please write to me. I would love to get in contact with family in Italy! Thank you
Angel Rogers
mi chiamo Angel Roberts. Vivo negli Stati Uniti. Sto cercando parenti con Altobelli e D'Angelo come cognome e originari di San Vito Chietino. La mia bis-nonna si chiamava Anna Nicoletta Altobelli. E' nata l'8 aprile 1872 e sposata con Enrico D'Angelo. Suo nipote si chiamava Rocco Altobelli, di mestiere marinaio. Se siamo imparentati con Lei, per piacere mi scriva. Mi piacerebbe moltissimo entrare in contatto con la mia famiglia originaria in Italia.
La ringrazio
Con la presente colgo l'occasione per porgere distinti saluti.
Angel Roberts
Re: Letter to Italy trying to find relatives
Thank you all for your help. I need to go forward with this now. Wish me luck!!
Re: Letter to Italy trying to find relatives
Buona Fortuna!
Let us know how you make out.
Best,
Biff
Let us know how you make out.
Best,
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
