DelDuca or Gaudelli

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Francene

DelDuca or Gaudelli

Post by Francene »

I am searching for any info regarding my Great Grandmother Pasqualina Gaudelli-Delduca. She was born in Campobasso Italy in 1868 and immigrated to the US in 1890 sailing from Naples. She married Otavio DelDuca in 1898 in Minitola, NJ.

Thanks!

Francene
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: DelDuca or Gaudelli

Post by suanj »

Francene wrote:I am searching for any info regarding my Great Grandmother Pasqualina Gaudelli-Delduca. She was born in Campobasso Italy in 1868 and immigrated to the US in 1890 sailing from Naples. She married Otavio DelDuca in 1898 in Minitola, NJ.

Thanks!

Francene
Hi: currently not are Gaudelli surname in Campobasso province, not are Gaudelli surname in all Molise region...But Gaudelli is a original surname, (in Molise region) of Gambatesa or Monteroduni town(Campobasso province)...on ellis island.org a Pasqualina Gaudelli(misspelled GaNdelli)...:

name=Gandelli, Pasqualina (reading exact: Gaudelli)
ethicity=Italie
place of origin=Gamletere(Gambatesa exact spelling)
date of arrival=November 07, 1895
age=22y(from reading.. is realty 27!!)
gender=F
ship=Burgundia
port of departure=Naples, Campania, Italy

But this surname coming from Campania region, and transferred in near Molise region. Currently are present in 10 italian Common..regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Francene go to the www.ellisisland.org website and locate full name and year of birth tand then depending on your "interest" go to the Family History library of the Mormon church nearest yoiu home and rent out the microfilm of thetown of oirign indicated on the ellis island website. Check out the ships manifest for whom she lkeft behind and other vital data of interest. When you get to the archives you can trace your whole family. If you wish you can alsol go to www.paginebianche.it and look up relatives by putting surname in first line and town of origin name in thrid line and clcik CERCA for listing, if any of thoe persons with that surname in that town. Peter
Francene

Post by Francene »

ptimber wrote:Francene go to the www.ellisisland.org website and locate full name and year of birth tand then depending on your "interest" go to the Family History library of the Mormon church nearest yoiu home and rent out the microfilm of thetown of oirign indicated on the ellis island website. Check out the ships manifest for whom she lkeft behind and other vital data of interest. When you get to the archives you can trace your whole family. If you wish you can alsol go to www.paginebianche.it and look up relatives by putting surname in first line and town of origin name in thrid line and clcik CERCA for listing, if any of thoe persons with that surname in that town. Peter
Thank-You very very much!

Francene
Francene

Post by Francene »

suanj wrote:
Francene wrote:I am searching for any info regarding my Great Grandmother Pasqualina Gaudelli-Delduca. She was born in Campobasso Italy in 1868 and immigrated to the US in 1890 sailing from Naples. She married Otavio DelDuca in 1898 in Minitola, NJ.

Thanks!

Francene
Hi: currently not are Gaudelli surname in Campobasso province, not are Gaudelli surname in all Molise region...But Gaudelli is a original surname, (in Molise region) of Gambatesa or Monteroduni town(Campobasso province)...on ellis island.org a Pasqualina Gaudelli(misspelled GaNdelli)...:

name=Gandelli, Pasqualina (reading exact: Gaudelli)
ethicity=Italie
place of origin=Gamletere(Gambatesa exact spelling)
date of arrival=November 07, 1895
age=22y(from reading.. is realty 27!!)
gender=F
ship=Burgundia
port of departure=Naples, Campania, Italy

But this surname coming from Campania region, and transferred in near Molise region. Currently are present in 10 italian Common..regards, suanj

I am so grateful for this information!! Thank-You!!

Francene
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

We are here foir you. Peter and Suanj
filomena

Post by filomena »

FRancine, you've probably already discovered this since your post is more than a year old, but for the benefit of others:

Ellis Island didn't exist unti 1892 and "shut down" in 1924. Before then, the state, not the Federal government, processed immigrants. After that, the flow of immigrants was relatively slow and the Federal government didn't "need" Ellis Island any more.

For relatives that emigrated before then (such as your relative who emigrated in 1890), you can use the series of books "Italians to America." A good library should have them. I found my great-grandfather who emigrated in 1883 and my great-grandmother who emigrated in 1889 in those books.

There also is a series of books entitled Passenger and Imigration Lists Index. There are two main books, followed by supplements issued every year since the 1970s. These books list names of immigrants and give the source of the name. I found my German great-great grandfather, who emigrated in 1854, in one of these indexes.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Thanks Francine but we would have told her if that was the case. Its on CD RAM and even if you don't have the "books" you can get the info from NYC NARA or any port if you know the date and ship name as well as the port, Usually a clerk will check it out for you if you ask in NYC anyway. But thanks for the effort and info. Peter
tebor13

Post by tebor13 »

Thanks!

Francene
Francene,
I may be able to help or at least put you in touch with someone who can help.
My great grandmothers sister Carmela Moffa was the first wife of Ottavio delDuca. I was researching this branch of my family when i came across Charlie delDuca who was also looking for similar information. He ends up being my 3rd cousin since his great grandmother and my greatgrandmother were sisters. He would also be your cousin.
Between us we found a ton of information. Ottavio and Carmela had about 8 children, most were born in Riccia, Italy. ill look through my records to make sure how many there were. Carmela died in 1893 in philadelphia. Ottavio remarried Pauline Gaudelli who was a lot younger than him and had, 6 or 7 more kids. some of them moved to Salem NJ. Somewhere i have a census record of them when they lived in Landisville. I also have an obit of Ottavio who died in 1929. Some of the children of Ottavio and Pauline are buried in a cemetary in Salem NJ. I can put you in contact with Charlie, cause he has all that info on that part of the family. Ill see what else i can find for you.
SVitale724

Post by SVitale724 »

My Great Grandmother was Fiorendina Delduca. Her married name became Fuoco. She emigrated from Rocca De'Evandro about 1906 on the Sicilian Prince to Ellis Island. My family settled in Johnston, RI. Not sure if there's any relation.
Best Regards,
Sharon Vitale