QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Hello,
I have just discovered that part of my lineage was from Italy and we think the family name was Quadrelli. The family was located in Warton, Lancashire and I am unsure how they arrived there from Italy?
Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated - websites, passenger lists etc....
I'm amazed that there may be Italian blood in me......
Thanks and kind regards
Kev
I have just discovered that part of my lineage was from Italy and we think the family name was Quadrelli. The family was located in Warton, Lancashire and I am unsure how they arrived there from Italy?
Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated - websites, passenger lists etc....
I'm amazed that there may be Italian blood in me......
Thanks and kind regards
Kev
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Have you any idea of a first names or possible immigration years? Or where about in Italy they came from? Any bits and pieces will help!
Nuccia
Nuccia
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, the name is the only thing I have to go on. I have checked as far back as the 1851 census and there are no Quadrelli's listed in England. I think it may have been early 1800's - going off my family records and where they would fit in.
Thanks
Kev
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, the name is the only thing I have to go on. I have checked as far back as the 1851 census and there are no Quadrelli's listed in England. I think it may have been early 1800's - going off my family records and where they would fit in.
Thanks
Kev
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Maybe you'd like to checkout this website..I think it may have some good links to help you in your research..
http://www.anglo-italianfhs.org.uk/docs ... ation.html
Also this link lists Quadrelli's on their way to Ellis Island. While your ancestors most likely are not on the list (although a sibling of your ancestors might be), it may provide you with clues as to where, most likely, the Quadrelli's originally lived in Italy.
Quadrelli
Hope you get some clues from this and good luck!
Nuccia
http://www.anglo-italianfhs.org.uk/docs ... ation.html
Also this link lists Quadrelli's on their way to Ellis Island. While your ancestors most likely are not on the list (although a sibling of your ancestors might be), it may provide you with clues as to where, most likely, the Quadrelli's originally lived in Italy.
Quadrelli
Hope you get some clues from this and good luck!
Nuccia
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Thanks Nuccia,
Your help is invaluable!!
Kind regards
Kev
Your help is invaluable!!
Kind regards
Kev
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Hi Kev,
No problem, but keep us posted as you go along so that we can help if you need us!
Nuccia
No problem, but keep us posted as you go along so that we can help if you need us!
Nuccia
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Hi Kev, and also nobody Quadrelli listed in 1841 censuskevmccann wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, the name is the only thing I have to go on. I have checked as far back as the 1851 census and there are no Quadrelli's listed in England. I think it may have been early 1800's - going off my family records and where they would fit in.
Thanks
Kev
you know the name town in Lancashire where he lived? thanks, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Hi Suanj,
I think the family would have been in the Warton, Lancashire (parish of Kirkham and not to be confused with the Warton nr Carnforth).
Cheers
Kev
I think the family would have been in the Warton, Lancashire (parish of Kirkham and not to be confused with the Warton nr Carnforth).
Cheers
Kev
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Hi kev, the only names similar on the censuses and obviuosly mistaken are:kevmccann wrote:Hi Suanj,
I think the family would have been in the Warton, Lancashire (parish of Kirkham and not to be confused with the Warton nr Carnforth).
Cheers
Kev
1891 England Census Record
Census
View Image Name: John P Quadella
Birth: abt 1886 - location
Residence: 1891 - township, city, Lancashire, England
1891 England Census Record
Census
View Image Name: Nicholas Quadella
Birth: abt 1875 - location
Residence: 1891 - township, city, Lancashire, England
1891 England Census Record
Census
View Image Name: Catherine Quadella
Birth: abt 1879 - location
Residence: 1891 - township, city, Lancashire, England
1891 England Census Record
Census
View Image Name: Chaterine Quatelli
Birth: abt 1873 - location
Residence: 1891 - township, city, Lancashire, England
1891 England Census Record
Census
View Image Name: Mary Quatelli
Birth: abt 1878 - location
Residence: 1891 - township, city, Lancashire, England
1891 England Census Record
Census
View Image Name: Rose Quatelli
Birth: abt 1882 - location
Residence: 1891 - township, city, Lancashire, England
perhaps someone can see about this records on ancestry...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Thanks for that..a brilliant lead to get started on. I'll get started and look at the images.....they certainly look like a good place to start.
Kev
Kev
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Hi Kevin
I don't know if you've got anywhere since your original post, but I may be able to narrow down your search.
The Quatelli's named above are in my family tree. Most documents refer to the family as Guatelli rather than Quatelli (so may have been a mis-spelling or variation). The name later changed to Guatella (which was my mother's maiden name).
Mary, Catherine and Rosina were the daughters of my great great grandfather Francisco Guatelli, and gg grandmother Catherine Milsa. When Francisco died in the 1880s, Catherine married a second time, to Robert Crawford.
Do let me know if you want any more details
Neil
I don't know if you've got anywhere since your original post, but I may be able to narrow down your search.
The Quatelli's named above are in my family tree. Most documents refer to the family as Guatelli rather than Quatelli (so may have been a mis-spelling or variation). The name later changed to Guatella (which was my mother's maiden name).
Mary, Catherine and Rosina were the daughters of my great great grandfather Francisco Guatelli, and gg grandmother Catherine Milsa. When Francisco died in the 1880s, Catherine married a second time, to Robert Crawford.
Do let me know if you want any more details
Neil
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Thanks Neil, I've sent a PM to you
Cheers
Kev
Cheers
Kev
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Thanks Kev - have picked up and replied
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Not sure if this will be any help at all but I just stayed in a town called Quadrelle in Avellino, Campania about a month ago. The name seems so similar and they say sometimes they take their name from the town they lived in. If you find out any more or a connection, let me know, I have an excellent genealogist contact for you there.
Searching for Nostrame, Mangiacapre, Cherubino, DiPascuale, Franco, Porto, D'Addona, DiLibero.
Re: QUADRELLI - Italy to Lancashire, England
Hi Jenalonso,
Thanks for that.
If I can confirm things up at this end I will then be able to check if this is the town and hopefully make some inroads. Thanks for posting a reply.
Cheers
Kev
Thanks for that.
If I can confirm things up at this end I will then be able to check if this is the town and hopefully make some inroads. Thanks for posting a reply.
Cheers
Kev



