need help with translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
sg12

need help with translation

Post by sg12 »

I was hoping someone could help me translate this sentence in a letter received w/a family certificate.

Detta certificazione e stata redatta dopo attenta ricerca nell'archivio comunale e dei figli GREGORI Menotti e Bortolo non si e reperita altra certificazione in merito allo stato civile.

Thank you!
angelamascia
Rookie
Rookie

Re: need help with translation

Post by angelamascia »

Hi sg12,

You could translate your phrase like this....

'The ceritification in question has been edited after carefully researching the city/town archives as well as the children GREGORI Menotti and Bortolo. No other certification has been located in regard to the civil status.'

I hope this helps.

Angela
Surnames: Mascia, Iapozzuto, Piacquadio, Iacobacci
sg12

Re: need help with translation

Post by sg12 »

Thank you, but I have another question. Menotti Gregori was called a step son of my great grandmother and a 1/2 brother of my grandfather. We assumed he was a son of my great grandfather from his first marriage. The family certificate has him as fg under my great grandfather and his first wife but it says that Menotti Bartolo Gregori's parents were Arturo Gregori and Francesca Olivotti. Any ideas?