What does "su modello internazionale" mean?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

What does "su modello internazionale" mean?

Post by peggymckee »

Hi!

I wrote to my grandfather's comune for his birth certificate. I received the following Email.
Salve,
In data odierna le spedisco l'estratto di nascita su modello internazionale del suo avo; non le chiediamo nessun rimborso per l'estratto.
Distinti Saluti
Using a dictionary (not knowing Italian), I translate this as follows:

As of today I am sending them [you] the birth certificate on the international form (model) of its [your] grandfather. We do not ask [them] for any reimbursement for the extract.

But "on the international model" doesn't quite make sense to me. So I assume this is an idiomatic expression. What does it mean? Is there some question I should be asking the comune in response?

Many thanks, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: What does "su modello internazionale" mean?

Post by ricbru »

Peg as you can see it is a certificate in an international format, plurilingual format, so people reading at the consulate have not problem understind those names and who is who, as you can see it is written in italian, english, french, spanish, german and so on
That is a kind of certificate usefull for who has to apply for italian citizenship
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Post by peggymckee »

Many thanks! I can't wait for it to arrive!

BTW, the comune is Sesto Fiorentino surname Marchi. I am hoping to learn my GGmother's maiden name--as well as apply for dual citizenship.

Peg
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Peg, did you request the certificate also asking for stating the names of parents? if you didn't request them, they are going to give you some informations took from the original birth record, as name, last name, date of birth, and if there is any annotations, like the marriage or death infos.
You should request "copia integrale dell'atto di nascita" in order to have the copy from the real birth record, in the real birth record you find also names, ages, and occupations of parents and the address where the baby was born, at that time usually it occurred at home, hospital was only for whealth people; that one you are going to receive is an abstract of the real record
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Post by peggymckee »

Hi! I asked for "l'estratto dell'atto di nascita, in carta libera" and said I wanted it for dual citizenship application.

It seems that I must write again if I want my grandfather's mother's maiden name! Many thanks for telling me this. Peg
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Usually you have to be specific if you want to know the name of the parents on it
ciao Riccardo