research ancestors

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sothys

research ancestors

Post by sothys »

My maternal greatgrandfather EQUESTRI Virgilio was born in 1876 in Bagni San guiliano and tried to emigrate to the US,Galveston Texas with his family.he then got back to france.around 1905/1906.
I would like to know which ship, when,and with whom exactly(I don't have my great grand mother name).thank you.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I assume you mean which ship he used to get to the USA from Italy to Galveston and not from the USA to France. In any event, NARA (USA entry data of passenger arrrivals) can be searched but in some unindexed passenger lists this may not be possible since Galveston may or may not have passenger lists on microfilm. In anyu event, you will never know if you do not try. Go to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm and file form 81 with NARA. Look to see if there is an address for Galveston thru www.archives.gov/facilities/facilities_by_state.html. If not then NARA (National Archives can be filed in Washington, D.C. Peter