Proof of non-citizenship.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
bezdomny

Proof of non-citizenship.

Post by bezdomny »

I am trying to get citizenship under the fact that my great-grandfather never became a citizen. I am having trouble proving that he never became naturalized. What forms or documents do I need to get this proof?

I would really appreciate any answers at all,

thanks!
mler
Master
Master

Re: Proof of non-citizenship.

Post by mler »

You will need to file a Form 639 with Homeland Security through the FIOA (Freedom of Information Act). If your great grandfather never naturalized, they will send you a statement of "no record."
bezdomny

Post by bezdomny »

Will that be enough? I was told by italiandualcitizenship.com that I would need 3 proofs of no records. They told me that the FOIA one isn't enough. I am from Rhode Island, so I will be going to the Boston consulate; will they be requiring 3?

Thanks.
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Some consulates are more demanding than others, but for most the "no record" letter is sufficient. If you can't reach the Boston people by telephone, post a message on the forum of www.italylink.com I believe there are a few people there who have gone through Boston.