Translation of my Uncle's name

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Francene

Translation of my Uncle's name

Post by Francene »

I was wondering if you could translate the name of "Fioroavanti" which was what my grandmother called my uncle. Thank you so much.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The correct spelling is FIORAVANTE and may have a floral meaning such as "firstflower". Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translation of my Uncle's name

Post by suanj »

Francene wrote:I was wondering if you could translate the name of "Fioroavanti" which was what my grandmother called my uncle. Thank you so much.
Hi: is ancient name..trace this name are around in 1400/1500 years. ..
This name derives from novel personage in numerous epicial-chilvarous, reported to real figure of Dagoberto (of dynasty Merovingi - French-in 600-700 years) that it came called from author "Florvant" for its courage (Flor-vanté= Flower-sung, boasted, exalted). Is name of Italian Middle Ages, and for into phonetic assonance with Florvant (French), also reported to actions of Florvant hero, it was transformed in italian language in Fioravante in order to indicate a person brave in war and without fear that enemy faces ... In Italy this name appears in 1400 to Bologna is a Fioravante Fioravanti architect constructor of communal palace and in ancient testament of 1533 to Solofra (Avellino province) "...per lassito confirmato per condam messere Fioravante de Maffeis mio patre..."(in ancient italian language). Regards, suanj