The manifest was checked for date of entry for naturalization process:
http://www.jewishgen.org/InfoFiles/Manifests/
Lee
Great-grandmother's First Name
Re: Great-grandmother's First Name
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Great-grandmother's First Name
Thank you. I was just searching for resources that explained how to interpret passenger lists.
Re: Great-grandmother's First Name
Elizabeth=Lucia
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
Re: Great-grandmother's First Name
Lucia=Lucy1cathy wrote:Elizabeth=Lucia
Elizabeth=Elizabetta/Elisabetta
Re: Great-grandmother's First Name
I have never heard of Lucia stemming from Elizabetta/Elisabetta...
although there are a number American nicknames stemming from Elizabeth....none of which are Lucy!!
Handy reference for names and the Italian equalivent:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Poin ... ame.html#L
wldspirit
although there are a number American nicknames stemming from Elizabeth....none of which are Lucy!!
Handy reference for names and the Italian equalivent:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Poin ... ame.html#L
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Great-grandmother's First Name
Being familiar with records in Lacedonia, I would say that her mother's maiden name was actually "de Vincentis," which is a name I have in my tree. I'd be very interested to see how we are related; there was really only one main de Vincentis family in Lacedonia.
Re: Great-grandmother's First Name
I sent you a PM.
Re: Great-grandmother's First Name
Hi! I am not sure what the chances are that you might see this message as this thread has been inactive for quite a long time, but I wanted to reach out as I cam across your post when I searched Pierro. My great grandfather's last name (and grandmother's maiden name) was Pierro and he came to the U.S. in 1918 from Lacedonia, Avellino, Campania, Italy! I wonder if they could have been siblings or cousins? I will also send you a PM!

