Support to obtain Italian Citizen

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Asphix

Support to obtain Italian Citizen

Post by Asphix »

Hi,

Next year I will go to Italy to obtain Italian Citizen.

Some friends told me that It is very hard to make without local help.

I would like to know who work with it in Verona Province. Do you know who can help me along the process?

My e-mail: skandbr@gmail.com

Thanks
mler
Master
Master

Re: Support to obtain Italian Citizen

Post by mler »

Asphix, it is really not necessary to go to Italy to apply for citizenship, and you can only do this if you actually reside in Italy. Most people apply through their local consulates.

If you will actually be residing in Verona (and for this you will need an extended stay visa), you would apply at the commune. You would need, at minimum, the same documents that are required at the consulate.

Asphix, I'm editing this because I read your other post, and it appears that you live in Brazil. In that case, it would be best if you apply in Italy if at all possible. It appears that the wait time in Brazil is quite long.
Asphix

Post by Asphix »

mler wrote: Most people apply through their local consulates.
My local consulate is spending 10-15 years to recognize Italian Citizen. :(

The only way is Italy.
pastasugo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pastasugo »

Asphix, rather than an extended stay visa, you can enter Italy from Brazil with no visa for 90 days.

Fill out a Declaration of Presence at the frontiera or questura.

Go to the comune anagrafe with your Declaration and request residenza.

Take citizenship documents to the comune stato civile and request citizenship jus sanguinis. They will give you a letter.

Apply at the post office (with a copy of the letter) for a permesso di soggiorno per riacquisto cittadinanza.
Correa

Post by Correa »

Hi there,

With the help of some people from Orkut communities we have put up together a Wiki with information about how to apply for Italian Citizenship in Italy without having to pay for local help.

It is written in portuguese, but I hope it will be helpful to the portuguese speaking community here.

PS: If some one wants to translate the info to English or add new pages with information in English it could be of some help for more ppl here. :)