Need Translation Please - Marriage Document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Need Translation Please - Marriage Document

Post by BillieDeKid »

I'd like to get a translation of a marriage document I have.

Just got one of my films from LDS today and would like to get a line by line translation of this documet if possible. I think I have the top portion figured out (sort of) but having trouble with some of the writing. Also the bottom portion of the document, trouble with some of the writing.

I'd really appreciate someones help.

Regards,

Elizabeth
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Need Translation Please - Marriage Document

Post by BillieDeKid »

Trying to upload the file. Sorry. It's giving me an upload error. Says it can't upload the attachement.

Let me work on this a minute.
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

For some reason it doesn't like the TIFF format or JPEG so lets try this.

http://www.mypicstudio.com/view.php?img ... 2.BMP.html

Regards,

Elizabeth
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Elizabeth,
The link you posted just results in a blank (black) page....

Sorry!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Elba

Please see if this will work. And thank you for replying.

http://img337.imageshack.us/content.php ... 002hq3.png

Regards,
Elizabeth
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

I can see the document but it takes about 25 seconds to load. Give it a minute. It must be a big file - which is a good thing.
Going to take cover from the storms here now! 8O
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Cathy,

Does your family live or did they live in the Midlothian area in Illinois? And have you ever heard of Mineral Point Wisconsin?

Crazy questions but I just noticed you were from Illinois etc.
rfornal
Staff
Staff

Post by rfornal »

Try this ... Image

... which is ...
[_URL=http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 002hq3.png_][_IMG_]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/32/p ... hq3.th.png[_/IMG_][_/URL_]

... without the _ Underscores ...
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Thanks Bob.

So should I have used the link provided next to the thumbnail on imageshack instead of my the link in my toolbar? I'll play with it some more.

Now if I can just get someone to translate it for me!

Thanks again Bob and have a great night. I owe you one.

Elizabeth
rfornal
Staff
Staff

Post by rfornal »

Correct ... the link in the toolbar is the address to the page you are viewing. The links that imageshack provides are specific for the image ... the provide a variety of views.

Glad to be of assistance.
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

I'm sorry I took so long, but my visitors have now left and here is the best I have managed to come up with for you.
There were some names and words that I was unable to read well enough to be sure of. These are shown either with a row of xxxxxx or with a bold (?) following what I thought it said.
I hope this helps.
elba

Marriage Banns
In the year eighteen hundred and ninety five, on the twenty sixth day of January, in the anti meridian at the hour of eleven and twenty minutes, in the Town Hall.
Before me Valente Domenico Deputy Town Councillor per xxx xxx xxxx xx xxxxxx legal holder as Official of the Registrars Office of Braguoturo (?) did appear Cirillo Domenico Antonio, aged fifty six and a peasant farmer, resident in Braguoturo, son of the late Giuseppe, aged ninety four and a peasant farmer resident in Braguoturo when alive and son of the late Fangori(?) Teresa; resident in Braguoturo when alive and a peasant . Rxxxxo Concetta aged fortyeight and a peasant resident in Braguoturo also appeared, daughter of the late Giuseppe, aged ninety four and a peasant farmer resident in Braguoturo when alive and daughter of the late Ferulli Calmina(?) resident in Braguoturo when alive and a peasant, all of whom asked me to publish the marriage banns for the wedding which the couple wish to celebrate in this office and they declared that the groom was born in Bragutouro and the bride in Braguoturo and for the last year to today the couple have been residents in Brguoturo and not having either adoptive fathers or mothers there is no impediment to their marriage of affinity or relationship nor any other impediment established by the law.
These declarations have been confirmed under legally sworn oaths by Valente Angelo aged sixty four, a shoemaker and Sxxxxxxx Txxxxxxx(?) aged thirty four and a peasant farmer both resident in this Comune and witnesses to this act. Having examined the documents presented to me and having been inserted in my view in the book of enclosures attached to this register I declare that the banns will be made in Braguoturo.
The documents are the birth certificates of the couple and issued by an Official of the State Registrars Office delegated on today’s date the death certificate of Tassoni Maria Resa(?) wife of the groom which occurred in the Comune of Sudarvalle arr(?) in February 1891 and issued by the Official of the State Registry Office on the10th of November 1894; as well as another certificate of death for Bava Fillipo(?) husband of the bride which occurred in this Comune on 5th April 1892 and issued on this day.
Having read this act to all the interested parties present put themselves under oath and the couple assured me that they could not write.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Thanks so much Elba.

Elizabeth