Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I received these from a relative over the weekend. I assume these are newspaper clippings, but I'm not sure. I tried using an online translator, but it didn't understand most of the words. Can anyone help?? Thanks!
The first one is in memory of
ANDREA CASTELAZ
from REZZANO
dead in Wels october 13, 1918, just twnty years old
Young men of beatiful expectations (it means he would a great future), consolation and pride of his old father, he died far from his country as a war victim
(in latin) Give him rest for ever o my God.
Note: it looks like he died as prisoner of war in Wels (Austria), just 20 days before the war end (november 4, 1918). By the cap he looks like to be of the Arditi army, assualt troops (such like marines) in which were enlisted only selected soldier, as they had to fight body to body in quick and violent attacks.
The other one
IN MEMORY OF
CASTELLAZ ANTONIO
from MEZZANO
who, after a life of work and sacrifice, 82 yeras old, left this tearfull valley, the november 28, 1935, supply with religious cerimony, and he left in pain the three daughters.
It is an "about" translation, but I think you'll understand
I've made several cousin connections using ancestry.com. With many of them we will simply exchange an email here and there on ancestry.com and compare some notes. I find that most people go to ancestry.com mainly to have a DNA test, an aren't that interested in building a family tree, making connect...