Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mgonzales
Rookie
Rookie

Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by mgonzales »

I am trying to find a census that has my great grand father in it...His name was Joseph Martinelli I dont think he had a middle initial but his wife was Rose and had three sons Tony,Buster,Joe and a daughter Mary...they lived in Pueblo, Co I would like to know what providence he came from in Italy so I can contact any living relatives...Can anyone help? I have posted in here before but came up empty handed..any good info will be greatly appreciated
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by misbris »

Do you have any idea when he was born or when he came to this country?
How about a date of death? What was Rose's maiden name? Did they marry here or in Italy? Did Joseph have any other relatives in this country? Post whatever info you have and maybe someone can help.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Hello
here there are all the Giuseppe Martinelli who arrived to Ellis Island,
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

http://stevemorse.org/goulnik/match1.ph ... &dwpdone=1
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Hi Mgonzales,

Here is the obituary for Buster (Sebastian) Martinelli.....

Sebastian "Buster" Martinelli
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Sebastian "Buster" Martinelli, 81, born Jan. 1, 1925, passed away June 5, 2006. Preceded in death by his parents, Joseph and Rose Martinelli; brothers, Tony and Joseph Martinelli; and grandson, Jeff.....

Name of Deceased: Sebastian "Buster" Martinelli
Age at Death: 81
Birth Date: 1 Jan 1925
Death Date: abt 2006
Newspaper Title: Pueblo Chieftain, The
Newspaper Location: Pueblo, CO, Us
Obituary Publication Date: 6 Jun 2006
Locations Mentioned in Obituary: Church
Other Persons Mentioned in Obituary: Tony; Helen Trujillo; Rose Martinelli; Our Lady; Joseph Martinelli

I go on ......
Laura
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Hi There,

I found another Obituary for "Buster". This one lists his sister's married name who was still alive in 2006. It also gives the name of a Church and a name of cemetery.

You can always contact the cemetery to find out if Buster was the plot owner of another plot like for his parents. Then you can find out information on his parents.

Also, did you try to get the Naturalization Records for Giuseppe Martinelli? His Naturalization Record should list the town he was from.

Still looking
Trish

Here is the obituary!

Sebastian "Buster" Martinelli
Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sebastian "Buster" Martinelli, 81, born Jan. 1, 1925, passed away June 5, 2006. Preceded in death by his parents, Joseph and Rose Martinelli; brothers, Tony and Joseph Martinelli; and grandson, Jeffery Sartoris.
Survived by his wife of 58 years, Violet Martinelli; sister, Mary Latino;
children, Joette (Ron) Banks, Patricia (Larry) Sartoris and Carolyn Peterson; grandchildren, Ron (Heidi) Banks Jr., Mark (Heather) Banks, Brian (Kelly) Banks, Stephen Sartoris, Larry Sartoris III, Robert (Andrea) Dean and Melissa Peterson; and great-grandchildren, Joshua, Jacob and Ryan Banks and Morgaine Wilkins Dean; also survived by numerous nieces and nephews; brothers-in-law, Ray (Shirley) Pusedu, Joseph Pusedu, and Bob Hull; sisters-in-law, Elaine Pusedu, Joann (Richard) Virant and Elizabeth (John) Klafurich; and aunt, Jennie Ramunno; also preceded in death by uncles, Mike, Tony and Jack Pecoraro.

Buster served in the U.S. Army Signal Corp. during World War II. He retired from the CF&I Tube Mill after 42 years of service. Buster was a member of St. Pius X Church parish, where a funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, with entombment at Roselawn Mausoleum. The family would like to give a special thanks to the Sangre de Cristo Hospice. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Sangre de Cristo Hospice in Buster?s memory
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
mgonzales
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mgonzales »

I dont know when he was born and he was killed by the maffia so no one knows where he disappeared to but rose's maiden name was pecoraro it is probably spelt wrong but my great aunt Mary claims they came from Reggio Calabria ...Pink67 that is my great uncle great job and brujaojos
you are correct two...I found they were buried in roselawn cemetary in pueblo co. Rose is buried there in 1976 but can anyone find a census with them in it? Thanks for all of your efforts
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Here is the Obituaries of Buster's brother Joe (Joseph)

Joseph Martinelli
Tuesday, July 15, 1997
Joseph Martinelli, 80, died July 12, 1997, in Tustin, Calif. Born on July 24, 1916, in Pueblo. Predeceased by wife, Evelyn; parents, Joseph Martinelli and Rose Brothers; and brother, Tony Martinelli. Survived by children, Roseann (Robert) Curtis, Floreen Dawson, Joseph (Joan) Martinelli, Pueblo, and Debra Adrian and Mary Ann Engles, California; grandchildren, Janice (Richard) Jaber, Robert Curtis, Bradley (Kim) Dawson and Stephen Dawson of Pueblo and Dustin Ihde of California; one great-grandchild, Ryan Jordan; sister, Mary (Tony) Latino; brother, Buster (Violet) Martinelli; and numerous nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles. Mr. Martinelli was a World War II veteran. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 17, at Saddleback Chapel, Tustin, Calif. Burial, All Souls Cemetery, Long Beach, Calif. Visitation, 4-9 p.m. today, Saddleback Chapel, Tustin, Calif.

Can you give us the birth date of Rose Pecoraro Martinelli?
Laura :)
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

I have been back and forth in the census data with nary a hint of any of this family. Tried first name, last name, parts of all. One thing that bothers me is the "Joe" jr. So rare to see the first son named for the father at that time in Italian households. Possible, but strange none-the-less. Maybe the father was not Joseph/Giuseppe?

Now...if there was a killing because of organized crime...how do you know that? Is there a report in the paper? Are you stating that he wasn't found? If indeed this story is accurate, what is the chance that they took the name Martinelli to remain hidden? NOT sure. This is a census search for vj for sure...she can actually get blood from a stone when it comes to census data...and some of the other's here as well.

But for me, there is something that doesn't sit well....can't put my finger on it....but these people have to be somewhere in 1920 and 1930....but where?
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hey essgee & all!
You're right, this is a tough family to
locate. I believe we spent quite a bit
of time on this before (previous posts)
Since we have the obits & children's names,
it shouldn't be this difficult.
Can't remember ever not being able to
find at least one census :? .
Valarie
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

edit: dup :wink:
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

vj take a look at the obit that Laura posted. Doesn't it say that Roses last name was Brothers? Or am I reading it wrong.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

I'm going to repost a couple of documents from previous threads for reference.

Rosa Pecoraro 1906 manifest with siblings and mother, destination Pueblo

1910 Pecoraro Family Census, page 1
page 2

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

I think the right last name could be MORTILLARO, because Martinelli it's not tipical of South of Italy....
Found a Giuseppe Mortillaro age 5 (born in Pueblo-Colorado) travelling from Italy to USA (place in Italy was Lucca Sicula - Sicily)....
It's not the right Giuseppe but I suspect that is the right spell of the surname....
Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Or look at this record :

Matinella Sebastiano travelling to meet his brother Giuseppe in Av. Santa Fe, Pueblo, CO....

Line 8

The same person in 1905

..... Brother Giuseppe Matinello, maybe we must search in this direction!
Laura...
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

vj take a look at the obit that Laura posted.
Doesn't it say that Roses last name was Brothers?
Or am I reading it wrong.

Hey Elizabeth :D !
You're right
(see below)
Valarie

edit: added on this page
to keep it with other obits

It appears Rose remarried

Pecoraro, Mike
Mike Pecoraro - Pueblo Chieftain - July 27, 2004
- Mike Pecoraro, age 91, passed away July 24, 2004, in Pueblo, Colo.
He was born Feb. 7, 1913, in Pueblo, Colo., to Antonino and Vincenza Pecoraro, ...
brothers, Tony, Joseph and Jack Pecoraro;
and sisters, Rose Brothers, Susie Raymundo and Josephine Cannella