Carlevaro from Lombardia (Como)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gerald325i
Rookie
Rookie

Carlevaro from Lombardia (Como)

Post by gerald325i »

I'm looking for the ancestors of Francesco Carlevaro, born on 4 Feb 1881 in Lierna, Lombardia and married to Rosa Maccarini (b.1888). Francesco's father was also Francesco and married a Eugenia Rompani. I would like to know information on their birth dates and place of birth and any relatives and ancestors if possible.

Rosa Maccarini's father was Pietro Maccarini and Adelaida Canegalli, from Alessandria (?). I am also interested in their backgrounds.

Any information on these ancestors would be appreciated.

Posso capire l'italiano! :)
El Español tampoco es problema! :)
drovedo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Carlevaro from Lombardia (Como)

Post by drovedo »

Are you positive about Lombardia? There are two Liernas. One in Lombardia and one in Toscany.
drovedo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by drovedo »

The spelling of Carlevaro is correct. Go to local LDS and request birth certificate microfilms for comune. They have these for most of Italy, just not baptisms.

Then send photocopy of birth cert with letter in Italian requesting certified copy of cert to comune and/or state archives. Offer to cover cost of search and cert. Request "integrale copie" Gives alot more info on parents etc. than extract "estratto".
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

gerald325i wrote:I'm looking for the ancestors of Francesco Carlevaro, born on 4 Feb 1881 in Lierna, Lombardia and married to Rosa Maccarini (b.1888). Francesco's father was also Francesco and married a Eugenia Rompani.
I'm curious..was Francesco's father deceased when he was born? Male children could not carry the same name as their fathers otherwise. Something that may or may not help you later...
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
gerald325i
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gerald325i »

I did not know that they could not use the same name as the father, although I spent time looking at LDS films for Cefalu...different location and Italy was not even a country at that time, but I saw plenty of same names for fathers and sons there.

For the person above, I am waiting for films from LDS to look at Births in this area of Lombardia (not Florence)...but it still might pay to post this and maybe there are more people looking for ancestors of the same family tree.

There is a doubt as to whether Francesco Carlevaro was from Lierna or Como...but not too far out.

Gerald
gerald325i
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gerald325i »

Update:
Francesco Santo Carlevaro (born 4 Feb 1881). Son of Francesco Carlevaro (born in Mozzanica, Bergamo, 10 Jan 1833) and Eugenia Rompani (born in Lierna 23 Aug 1836).

Francesco Carlevaro (b 1833) was the son of Agostino Carlevaro and Teresa Fassioli (place and dates unknown)

Eugenia Rompani...from a very long lineage from Lierna, daughter of Francesco Rompani (b.1795) and Maddalena Bianchi (b.1802, possibly orfan or raised in convent).

I was able to put the lineage together for the Rompani family in Lierna going back to 1595!