GGrandparent in New York.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
IoIo
Rookie
Rookie

GGrandparent in New York.

Post by IoIo »

GoodMorning,

I'm lookinf for information about my GGrandparent and his brothers who came in New York (Brooklyn) in early 1900 from Messina (Sicily).

My Ggranfather's name was Nunzio Romeo. He was born in 1875.
He went in New York (Brooklyn) in 1899, 1904 and 1906.
His brothers were: Vincenzo Romeo and Letterio Romeo.
Both they were born in Messina.
Vincenzo Romeo (b. 1865) went in New York in 1904 (he lived in Brooklyn from 1898 to 1900). He was married.
Letterio Romeo (b. 1877) went in New York in 1905. (he lived in Brooklyn from 1898 to 1904). He was married.
Vincenzo and Letterio lived in Brooklyn in Union Street.

In 1904 with my Ggrandpoarent left Italy with a relative. He was a child. He was 9 years old.
His name was Placido Romeo. He was born in Messina, in 1895 (I think).

Nowadays I'd like to know some information about my Ggrandparent and his relatives.

I wish to know what job did in New York Nunzio Romeo.
Then I wish to know the Census in Brooklyn in 1900 for Nunzio Romeo, Vincenzo Romeo and Letterio Romeo.
I think in 1900 both Vincenzo and Letterio were married and pheraps they had children.

Then I wish to know the census in 1910, 1920, 1930 for Vincenzo Romeo and Letterio Romeo (brothers), and for Placido Romeo. May be they moved from Brooklyn to Little Italy.

Placido Romeo (the child), went in New York to live whit his uncle Russo Antonino.

Is it possible to have information about Us Naturalization for Vincenzo, Letterio and Placido Romeo.

Then, is possible to obtain military document for Placido Romeo. I think he was a soldier in WWI or in WWII.

I'd like to know if are still live Vincenzo's and Letterio's sons.

Last question, is possible to have information for these men from Sanitary Insurrance or from Pension Plan?

Thanks in advance for your help.
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Re: GGrandparent in New York.

Post by eyetalgal »

Hello

I found some naturalization info for 2 Placido Romeo at http://www.footnote.com/ I don't know if they are the people you are looking for but here's the info.

#1 Placido Romeo, Age 33, Admission date 12-2-1926
Petition #63642 - Bklyn Court
Children:
Vincent - 12
Providenza - 8
Joseph - 6
Josephine - 6?
Anthony - 3
Concetta - 1

#2 Placido Romeo, Age 56 - 29 Strong Place, Brooklyn NY
Age 56
Admission date: 8-17-1944
Petition #405732 Brooklyn Court

I don't have a subscription to the site but this information was easily readable.
IoIo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: GGrandparent in New York.

Post by IoIo »

Hello Eyetalgal,
thanks a lot for your help.
I have seen this web-site and I think I will do the subriscription to it.
Best regards.