Need some help on monetary transaction

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
LOPierce

Need some help on monetary transaction

Post by LOPierce »

By researching my grandparents home village, I finally located a young lady who looked up the records that I need. She has sent me the information via internet, but will send the actual certs. She has tried to communicate the amount of Euros that I need to send to the Commune di Riverone, but I'm not sure what amount she is talking about. Can anyone tell me exactly what I should send her?

Dear Linda,
I'm sending you, by ordinary mail, the international extract certificates for
your ancestors:
-Ceranti Rosina
-Ceranti Carlo Edoardo
-Massavelli Maria Teresa
-Ceranti Carlo edoardo-Massavelli Maria Teresa marriage.
Our Municipality requires secretarial rights that amount in
€ 20,64, sending only in Euro valute.

cordially, Marika Nebbiolo

COMUNE DI RIVARONE
VIA BASSIGNANA, N. 5/3
15040 RIVARONE -AL-
ITALY
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Need some help on monetary transaction

Post by elba »

€20.64 is $30 USD at the current rate - BUT like most Comunes, it seems the one at Riverone will only accept payment in Euro's, and sending cash through the post to Italy is NOT advisable.

Most will NOT accept International Money Orders either. I guess you could ask the lady who has done this for you if she would accept US dollars or if she has a Pay Pal account.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
AnotherCitizenToBe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AnotherCitizenToBe »

LOPierce wrote:By researching my grandparents home village, I finally located a young lady who looked up the records that I need. She has sent me the information via internet, but will send the actual certs. She has tried to communicate the amount of Euros that I need to send to the Commune di Riverone, but I'm not sure what amount she is talking about. Can anyone tell me exactly what I should send her?

Dear Linda,
I'm sending you, by ordinary mail, the international extract certificates for
your ancestors:
-Ceranti Rosina
-Ceranti Carlo Edoardo
-Massavelli Maria Teresa
-Ceranti Carlo edoardo-Massavelli Maria Teresa marriage.
Our Municipality requires secretarial rights that amount in
€ 20,64, sending only in Euro valute.

cordially, Marika Nebbiolo

COMUNE DI RIVARONE
VIA BASSIGNANA, N. 5/3
15040 RIVARONE -AL-
ITALY
Is the money for the comune or for the "young lady who looked up the records that I need"?

It has been my impression that comuni do not normally charge for copies of these docs...
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Why don't you put $ 30 dollars or € 20,64 euros in an envelope and send them to the lady? She can always go to the bank and change dollars in euros. Otherwise you can use Moneygram (www.moneygram.com) to send the money to her who can take care for the payment to the civil record office.
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
LOPierce

Post by LOPierce »

Thanks for the quick responses. I sent her a note, and she responded that they will accept an International Postal Order or a Euro cheque. I will check out the cost for the postal order. Thanks for your help.