Basile/Zaccari family history

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Helencs

Basile/Zaccari family history

Post by Helencs »

I am looking for information on my grandmother’s family. My
grandmother was Maria Amalia Basile born on September 24, 1892 in Circello. Her father was Beniamino Basile who was born in Colle Sannita on May 27, 1829 the son of Donato Basile and Cristina Di Paola. My grandmother’s mother was Felice Maria Zacarri she was born around 1863 or 1864. The researcher I used wasn’t able to find her parents in Circello’s rcords but he did find a Felice Maria Zacarri born in 1863 in Circello but he was a son to Nicola Zaccari. On the Circello site is a description of a battle fought in 1863 during the Brigantaggio. The leader of the Circello’s defenders was Nicola Zaccari who was killed in battle. A member of his fighting troop was Beniamino Basile. How can I find out if this is the same Beniamino Basile I am related to? And also where could I find out if my great-gandmother was related to Nicola Zaccari in the battle? Would it be unusual to name a girl child with the same name as the son if he had died?

My Grandmother, her mother, sister Bersabea and brother Beniamino came to the US in 1901. I have no record of Bersabea (Bessie) Basile (born 1899 in Circello) after the 1920 census when she was living in the Bronx. Has anyone come across any information on her?

Thanks for any help or advice!

Helen
collese

Re: Basile/Zaccari family history

Post by collese »

Hello Helen. My name is John Anthony Basile. I live in Crystal Beach, Ontario. I am 1st generation Canadian-Italian. All my ancestors come from Colle Sannita Italy. I have a DiPaola in our family too.
Let's compare notes.
John
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Basile/Zaccari family history

Post by misbris »

I am posting this link for you to look at. We have a member, Fabio, who is doing research in Colle Sannita. I think he will be able to help you.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... fabio.html

Good luck

Mary Jo