Locating my Family Please help me.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

please explain your research objectives more clearly. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.paginebianche.it and putr in your fathers surname and then your mothers maiden name and, each time, put in the name of the town whicvh you don\';t tell me and then click cerca. if there is anyone who lives there with those names the list will show up. Yoiu can tehn write to these people and ask them if they are related to you. Peter
Dazzo

Re: Locating my Family Please help me.

Post by Dazzo »

I'm researching my great grandmother's family. Her name was Agata Lograsso (maiden name Caruso). I believe she had 5 brothers: Ciro, Charles, Giuseppe, Christopher, and Gaetano, as well as 2 sisters Rosa and Mary Grace. Her family was from Terrasini, Sicily and mostly settled in the Detroit, Michigan area. She later moved to St. Louis, Missouri. Curious to know if any of this sounds familiar to anyone.

Thanks,
Mike
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Hello Mike. Welcome to the forum.

Located this 1910 manifest. Please check line 1 (Rosa Caruso) and lines 7, 8, 9 (Father Giuseppe Caruso with sons Ciro and Gaetano) to see if this could be your great grandmother's sister, father and brothers. From Terrasini with destination of Wyandotte Michigan.

Page 1
Page 2

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Possible 1906 manifest for Agata Caruso and husband Mario LoGrasso
Lines 29 and 30
Destination Detroit MI to join father/father in law/Giuseppe Caruso