How to find records for Larino

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
O Meddonne mi!

How to find records for Larino

Post by O Meddonne mi! »

I'm looking for my grandparents' birth/marriage certificates. They lived in Larino, Campobasso, Molise before comming here. Who should I contact? How do I contact them?

Thank you in advance for your help...
Larino, Larino, la bella città, si mangia, si beve, l'amore, si fa...
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

The civil records (Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1900) for the Comune of Larino are available on microfilm from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These films can be rented at the Church's Family History Centers.

Go to http://www.familysearch.org/ and follow the links for Library and Family History Library Catalog. When you reach the Search Page click on Place Search and enter Larino. You will find a description of the civil records available, including the film numbers you will use to order the films.

You can find the address of the nearest Family History Center by following the links for Library and Family History Centers.

If you have difficulty understanding the records (of course, they are in Italian), check out Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford Cole for a detailed explanation of the records.
John Armellino
O Meddonne mi!

Post by O Meddonne mi! »

My grandparents were born in the thirties, but thanks anyway for your help.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

HI: Larino is small distance of my town! I've many friends in Larino..Which persons tried ?Regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You can write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile in the comune of larino. Write in Italian and if you don't know I can give you a form letter website, With all the help please let me know if I can help you. Peter
O Meddonne mi!

Post by O Meddonne mi! »

That would be great. How would I address the letter? Does it need a street address, or just "Ufficio di Stato Civile"? Thanks for your help.

suanj: Grazie, ma tengo ancora degli parenti in Larino. Posso contattarle se ho bisogno di qualcosa. In ogni modo, è buono da sapere che può aiutarmi.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Yes Ufficio di Stato Civile, Comune di larino, Postale 86035, Provincia Campobasso, (CB), Italy. Enclose a self addressed envelope and $5.00 in eruo or dollars even though the service is free its low on their priority list of things to do!. Peter
O Meddonne mi!

Post by O Meddonne mi! »

Thanks a lot, Peter. What's the site for the form letter? I need some inspiration...
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

O Meddonne mi! wrote:That would be great. How would I address the letter? Does it need a street address, or just "Ufficio di Stato Civile"? Thanks for your help.

suanj: Grazie, ma tengo ancora degli parenti in Larino. Posso contattarle se ho bisogno di qualcosa. In ogni modo, è buono da sapere che può aiutarmi.
Ok, regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

www.circolocalabrese.org and click form letters on lower left. Happy New year Peter