Bevolose??

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
UNCLEGOMER

Bevolose??

Post by UNCLEGOMER »

Newbie here. Thank you in advance for any assistance (and for your patience).

I have traced my GGGF Antonio Magro to Ustica where he married my GGGM. The Stato Civile records (big kudos to Chris Caravella and ustica.org) indicate Antonio was a native of "Bevolose". Exhaustive search has failed to find any such place, and Chris believes it was likely a transcription error.

Has anyone ever heard of Bevelose, or have a guess as to what the actual location might be? So far I've come up with Bivona or Bolseno, but not sure.

Antonio's parents were Lorenzo Magro and Santa Vedonato if that helps (both were listed as residents of 'Bevolose' in 1876).

Grazie
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Bevolose??

Post by liviomoreno »

Is it possible for you to upload a picture of the original document?
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Ciao Livio!!

Unclegomer ha ricavato i dati dal sito di Ustica.org, c'è scritto questo:

Magro Family Chart of Ustica
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lorenzo (b. bef 1825) married abt 1845 Santa Vedonato
Antonio (b. abt 1845 Bevolose) m. 05-FEB-1876 Giuseppa DiSimone
Vincenza (b. 17-NOV-1876)
Felice (b. 07-JAN-1886)
Santa (b. 06-NOV-1889)

http://www.ustica.org/genealogy/main.htm

Secondo te dove potrebbe trovarsi questo paese Bevolose??
Laura :D
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Bevolose non esiste. Si dovrebbe esaminare il documento originale, perchè è sicuramente un errore di trascrizione.

Bevolose does not exist. I would like to examine the original document, since there is a transcription mistake....
UNCLEGOMER

Post by UNCLEGOMER »

Thanks for the replies.

The info I have is from the Ustica.org site. I am requesting the original documents so that I can try to read them. Will post them here also.
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

Just as a side note, I believe the "Vedonato"surname is likely Vedovato.

The surname Vedonato doesn't seem to exist in italy.

And wow, what a great website Ustica.org is, incredible!!!

Jim
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

SANTA VEDONATO has two birth years in Ustica one is 1801 and 1823 with both married to Lorenzo Magro and listed in the www.familyserarch.org website under ancestor search. =Peter=
UNCLEGOMER

Post by UNCLEGOMER »

PeterTimber wrote:SANTA VEDONATO has two birth years in Ustica one is 1801 and 1823 with both married to Lorenzo Magro and listed in the www.familyserarch.org website under ancestor search. =Peter=
I did see that in my searching. What is the source for the "Pedigree file" at familysearch?
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

UNCLEGOMER wrote:
PeterTimber wrote:SANTA VEDONATO has two birth years in Ustica one is 1801 and 1823 with both married to Lorenzo Magro and listed in the www.familyserarch.org website under ancestor search. =Peter=
I did see that in my searching. What is the source for the "Pedigree file" at familysearch?
The source is user submitted data, which is often unreliable and erroneous. It is also interesting to note Lorenzo and Santa's son Antonio is said to have been born in 1845 in Louisiana.

Notice also how there are two entries, claiming Santa was born in both 1801 and 1823 AND in Ustica, which was certainly not the town of her birth. It is definitely a highly (document wise) unreliable source, but often useful as a guide.

Based upon the absence of concrete dates and places I would not give much weight to those two entries.

I know others here will agree with me

Jim
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

JamesBianco wrote: I know others here will agree with me

Jim
I have found information on there incorrect as well on several people in my own extended family.
UNCLEGOMER

Post by UNCLEGOMER »

liviomoreno wrote: 21 Jan 2008, 06:52 Is it possible for you to upload a picture of the original document?
Well after 10 years, I figured out how to get the civil records. Here is an image of what the records show (that was mis-chronicled as Bevolose). Any help will be appreciated.
Capture.JPG
UNCLEGOMER

Post by UNCLEGOMER »

Here is another capture of the same word listed on the document
Capture2.JPG
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Archivio storico del Distretto Militare di Padova
Leva Militare delle province di Padova e Rovigo 1846 - 1902

Cognome Nome Num. lista Data di Nascita Località Nascita Provincia Anno Comune Iscrizione Mand Padre Madre
MAGRO Giuseppe 42,00 26/06/1851 ROVOLON PD 1851 ROVOLON PADOVA Lorenzo Vedovato Santa
MAGRO Zefferino 6,00 13/09/1854 ROVOLON PD 1854 VEGGIANO PADOVA Lorenzo Vedovato Santa
MAGRO Agostino Bortolo 30,00 02/11/1858 ROVOLON PD 1859 GAZZO PADOVANO CITTADELLA Lorenzo Vedovato Santa
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱