Translation of a letter

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
KEK
Rookie
Rookie

Translation of a letter

Post by KEK »

Hi,

Could someone translate the following letter:

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
KEK

Gentile Signora,
spero che questa mia lettera la trovi in ottima salute.

Scrivo dopo qualche anno di silenzio per comunicarle due notizie che, sono convinto, saranno di suo interesse.

Sono riuscito ad avere informazioni certe su Cunti Assunta Francesca, figlia primogenita di Francesco Antonio, nata a Baia e Latina il il 11 settembre 1895. Dalle notizie in mio possesso risulta emigrata nel 1912 (molto probablimente l'11 di aprile), all' eta di diciassette anni, con passaporto n. 2057 rilasciato dal Prefetto di Caserta, con destinazione New York. L'annotazione e contenuta nel "Registro dei passaporti per l'espartrio" rilasciati dal Sindaco del Commune di Baia e Latina, al n. 39 dell'anno 1912.

Mi accingo a pubblicare un mio libro dal titolo "Storie di emigranti" che riguarda alcuni fatti, aspetti e "storie" particolari dell'emigrazione di cittadini di Baia e Latina fra la fine dell'Ottocento e gli inizi del Novencento. Fra le altre ho raccontato anche le vincende di Francesco Cunti e le sueesperienze americane. Il capitolo che riguarda suo nonno e intitolatio "Da Baia e Latina a Santa Fe: construttori di ferrovie".

Spero le faccia piacere.

Sono alla ricerca di finanziamenti per poter reallizzare il mio progetto, percio il libro uscira nei prossimi mesi. Sara mia cura fargliene pervenire una copia. Avrei bisogno, pero, della sua autorizzazione e di quella di suo cugino Eugene alla pubblicazione dei dati e delle notizie che riguardano la famiglia di Cunti Francesco e dei suo discendenti. Vorrei inserire nel libro qualche foto e qualche documento fra quelli che mi ha spedito negli anni della nostra corrispondenza.

Speranco di averle fatto cosa gradita e di leggere al piu presto sue notizie, la saluto cordialmente, pregandola diestendere i miei saluti a Eugene ed ai suoi familiari.

Signed Prof. Veccia

You have been a great help to me in the past. I was able to find my grandfather's village and connected with this professor. My friend who use to translate for me has moved away and I haven't found anyone to
help me.

Thank you again,
KK
gabfsa

Re: Translation of a letter

Post by gabfsa »

Dear Madam,
I hope that my letter arrives and finds you healthy.

I write after a few years of silence to tell you two news, I am convinced,it will be of your interest.

I was able to get some information on Cunti Assunta Francesca, firstborn daughter of Francesco Antonio, born in the Baia and Latina, in September 11, 1895. From the news I have she emigrated in 1912 (most probably the April 11), at the age of seventeen, with passport No 2057 issued by the Prefect of Caserta, with destination to New York. The remark contained in the "Register of passports for espartrio" issued by the Mayor of the Commune of Baia and Latina, at no 39 of 1912.

I am going to publish my book entitled "Stories of immigrants" which covers some facts, issues and "stories" special migration of citizens of the Baia and Latina between the late and early ninety's. The chapter concerning your grandfather and is entitled " Baia and Latina in Santa Fe: railways construture."

I hope you like it.

They are looking for funding to make my project posible, so the book will be out in the coming months. I need, however, his permission and that of his cousin Eugene to publicate the data and news affecting the family Cunti Francesco and his descendants. I would like to insert some pictures in the book and some document among those who sent me over the years of our correspondence.

Hoping i've written something pleasant to read and waiting for your answer, cordially greeting, send my greetings to Eugene and his family.

i hope this helps
KEK
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KEK »

Gabfsa,

Thank you. Your help and time was deeply appreciated.

The professor has helped me so much over the years finding and sending me documents regarding my family. I would like to send him some money to help fund his book. How would you advise I do this? Check, money order, bank draft?

Thank you again, Gabfsa.

Katherine
gabfsa

Post by gabfsa »

the best way to transger money is by WESTERN UNION ... im sure you can find further information ... good luck
gabfsa

Post by gabfsa »

what i ment in the other message in that to transfer money the best way is by wester union .. if you google it .. you can find the web page to solve any question you may have about the system ... luck!!!