No Naturalization for GG Grandmother

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
runningoat5

No Naturalization for GG Grandmother

Post by runningoat5 »

I am gathering documents for obtaining dual-citizenship from my GG-Grandfather and I have his naturalization record but it is starting to look like my GG Grandmother never naturalized. I think I am technically supposed to get her naturalization certificate but if it doesn't exist it seems that it would be alright since I am not getting the citizenship through her anyway.

I have a certificate of no record for +/- about 2 years of when and where my GG-Grandfather became naturalized.

Thanks!
Bryan C. -- Rocket Scientist in Training

Known Family Names: Costanza / Costanzo, Mantia, Luchessi, Maggesi, Cardamone, Ratchford, Petterson, Luddy, Bensinger, Custer, Fritsch / Fritz, Edelman
mler
Master
Master

Re: No Naturalization for GG Grandmother

Post by mler »

You won't need naturalization records for your gggrandmother if your gggrandfather's naturalization date allows you to claim citizenship through him. Be certain, however, that nowhere along the line citizenship is passed on through a woman (ie ggrandmother) before 1948.
runningoat5

Re: No Naturalization for GG Grandmother

Post by runningoat5 »

That sounds like good news for me. Thanks!!!
Bryan C. -- Rocket Scientist in Training

Known Family Names: Costanza / Costanzo, Mantia, Luchessi, Maggesi, Cardamone, Ratchford, Petterson, Luddy, Bensinger, Custer, Fritsch / Fritz, Edelman