Please Help - Naturalization Question

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
SLopatin

Please Help - Naturalization Question

Post by SLopatin »

Hello. I am trying to figure out if I qualify for Italian Citizenship and am having a hard time determining this.

My maternal grandfather was born in Italy in 1906. I'm not sure exactly when he came to the US, but he had my mother in the US in 1946. It looks like the only way I will qualify for citizenship is if he didn't become naturalized before she was born. How do I find out if he was naturalized and when?

My maternal great-grandparents were also born in Italy. They had my maternal grandmother in the US in 1908. I still don't think this does anything for me. Please help!!!
mler
Master
Master

Re: Please Help - Naturalization Question

Post by mler »

Check www.ancestry.com or post your information, and perhaps someone can help you locate his naturalization date.
SLopatin

Post by SLopatin »

Thanks for your response! I'll check it out.
federici1999
Rookie
Rookie

Post by federici1999 »

Try this web site it is to the Italian consulate in New York they have a link that you fill out a questionair and it tells you if you qualify. If your grandparents lived in New york e-mail me and I will send you an e-mail address for the archives that hold the naturalization paper in the North east http://www.consnewyork.esteri.it/NR/exe ... =Published
Bob
Thanks Bob

Looking for Federici and Cavalli from Bedonia