Cavalieri = knight

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Madonna

Cavalieri = knight

Post by Madonna »

Anyone know the towns or regions where the name Cavalieri stems from?
Zeno Cavalieri is the living father of a friend of mine, still residing in Italy. I know Cavalieri means knight and wondered if the family is from nobility?
I think he lives in northern Italy, but I'm not sure where. I don't have much contact with my friend anymore, because he travels alot.
Ciao!
pepita.az
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Cavalieri = knight

Post by pepita.az »

Hello,
if I'm not wrong it must come from Genova (Liguria). there's a lot of Cavalieri there...
Madonna

Post by Madonna »

Thanks. You're probably right.
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Cavallero... In Liguria and Piemonte..
Laura :)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Madonna wrote:Anyone know the towns or regions where the name Cavalieri stems from?
Zeno Cavalieri is the living father of a friend of mine, still residing in Italy. I know Cavalieri means knight and wondered if the family is from nobility?
I think he lives in northern Italy, but I'm not sure where. I don't have much contact with my friend anymore, because he travels alot.
Ciao!
Hi I think that most probable is in Emilia Romagna region, and I can say that Zeno first name is very frequent in this region... for sure this surname was present in this region already from 1526 year as the document( notarian act: in Ferrara/Emilia Romagna region: a Bartolomeo Cavalieri it sells 1 house to Ludovico Ariosto ).... no nobility from, but from all profession with horses and for to have served families of knights....regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
warriorrabbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by warriorrabbit »

In my tree, I have a Maria Letteria Cavaliere who was born in Tunis ca 1877.

Her father was Giovanni Cavaliere and her mother was Grazia Occhipinti. Unfortunately I've never found their immigration records, but I know they were in New York by 1904, because that's when she married my relative.

Anyhow, that makes Tunisia a possibility. 8O
Barga

Post by Barga »

Hi

I think you will find the name implies the servant of a nobleman