Translation Of A Italian Marriage Certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
imwormer
Rookie
Rookie

Translation Of A Italian Marriage Certificate

Post by imwormer »

Could someone please help me with this marriage certificate as I'm looking for a Frank Tagliareni marring a Marietta Di Marco. Marietta's parents should be a Salvatore Di Marco and a Concetta Di Marco.

Also I believe I see a "Luigi" half way thru the transcript, could that be confirmed as this should be my Grandfather that I'm looking for, as I can't seem to find his birth certificate yet.... also I see the word "resente New York" three quarters of the way thru this transcript could this please be translated as why New York would be on a Italian marriage certificate???
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Re: Translation Of A Italian Marriage Certificate

Post by Sirena »

This is the banns of marriage. The notice had to be posted 3 weeks. that's what the dates are on the right hand side. The names you were looking for are correct as you have them stated above. It appears that Marietta who was 18 at the time was living in town with her mother; however, her father Salvatore was already a resident of NY. Luigi was a witness.
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

Francesco (Frank) was 25 and Luigi 51.
At the bottom are signatures for Marietta, her mother Concetta, Luigi..I can't make out his last name. The print is too small for me to translate word for word but the bottom part tells of the documents they provided to verify who they are and their intent to marry within the year.
imwormer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by imwormer »

Sirena, Thank You so much for the translation, we were led to believe that Salvatore died in Italy and his wife came over, this shed's a whole new light on things. "The search goes on" Again Thank You for your time

Jimmy