Valente Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ItalianIrish

Valente Family

Post by ItalianIrish »

Ciao, I am trying to find where my great grandfather came from. I thought it was Picinesco, now I am not sure. He could be from a town nearby called San Pietro. After years of thinking I had the right information, it turned out it was wrong. My Great grandfathers fathers name was Antonio and not Agostino as first thought. Can anyone tell me how I go about finding where my family were from, who can I contact? My Great grandfather was called Domenico and he came to Belfast, Ireland in the late 1800s. He got married to Theresa Capitano here in Belfast on the 11th February 1887. Agostino Coletto was their bestman. I think Theresa Capitano was from the same area as Domenico.

Thanks for any information
Michael Valente
Every man dies, not every man really lives
daddymuzza
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Valente Family

Post by daddymuzza »

this site has links to valentes in the same area.............................

http://www.geocities.com/aldo_valerio/
if yer no fast yer last !!!
Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Seraphina »

Hi Michael,

Have you searched on the N Irish census or Marriages to find as much info as you can about your antecendents??

If they became naturalised British or Irish, that document will more than likely contain the info about their place of origin.

You have to start somewhere and work backwards to find their place of birth. You might already have done all this, but if you haven't, I hope this suggestion helps.

Seraphina
England
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

There are Valentes in Picinisco and Villa Latina, Province of Frosinone and many families from that area emigrated to Ireland and Scotland.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Michel.Vacca

Post by Michel.Vacca »

San Pietro is a village of Picinisco where there was of the “Valenteâ€