Translation Request Please?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
MaryGenottiCollins
Rookie
Rookie

Translation Request Please?

Post by MaryGenottiCollins »

Could someone translate this for me?

Thank you!!
Mary Genotti-Collins

Names currently researching:

Genotti, Garibaldi, Vottero

A family without a genealogy is like a country without a history.
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translation Request Please?

Post by elba »

Hope this is OK...
elba

TRANSLATION

Garibaldi of Genova - An offspring of the Garibaldi, entered in the Maòna (one of the naval republics), after 1367 it was Fracesco who became a bandit of Genova with the brothers Leonardo and Raffaello under the charge of treason, and six years later was lifted to the title of doge. One branch of this family blossomed in Messina. - COAT OF ARMS: <split with gold and red, at an uprooted tree of green, and across all, a black lion, crowned in gold - rampant against the trunk. Alias: Of silver, to the lion in black.

Garibaldi of Nice. Angelo Garibaldi, of an old and honest house of sea captains and ship owners, an owner himself, he lived in Chiavari towards the middle of the 18th century , and in 1780 he moved with his entire family to Nice - Domenico his son, having married Rosa Raimondi, was the father of five children, one of whom the famous Giuseppe, General, who after having fought hard in America in the service of the Republic of Uruguay, went on to do most of the campaign for the Italian independence, and was enrolled in the patrician nobility of Rimini in October 1859, when that city was already declared independent from the papal government and did not play any par in the states of King Vittorio-Emanuele II. - The Genral accepted, with thanks, that hobour with a letter from Rimini dated 19 October 1859 . Coat of Arms ?
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
MaryGenottiCollins
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translation Request Please?

Post by MaryGenottiCollins »

Thank you so much!

We were always told (as I'm sure all Garibaldis) that we are related to the "Great" general.

MC
Mary Genotti-Collins

Names currently researching:

Genotti, Garibaldi, Vottero

A family without a genealogy is like a country without a history.