Birth Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mla1205

Birth Records

Post by mla1205 »

Can anyone tell me how to aquire birth records from Piaggine? I would be fine with just the information on the reords... I don't really NEED the records themselves.

I am researching my family from Piaggine. I have them back to immigration, and now I need to find information from Italy.
robale

Re: Birth Records

Post by robale »

you need to go in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for your research, and you will see the pictures of the original birth certificate.
I can help you whit translations.
Roberta
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Have just checked the films at Familysearch.org and sorry to say it seems there are no films available for Piaggine.

mla1205 are you sure this is the correct name/spelling of the comune they came from?
Emmy
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

It is the right name, I checked it. Unfortunately, for some reason the LDS site does not have records for most comunes in the provinces of Salerno and Napoli. :(

Here is a site that will give you some info.

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/065/095/index.html
mla1205

Post by mla1205 »

Yes, I'm sure it's the correct town. It's a very small town in Salerno. I have also seen it spelled Piagene. But I believe the correct spelling is Piaggine.

I have aloready looked for cicil records the the Church of Laterday Saints, and they have nothing on the town. In fact, the only information they have on Salerno is the history of.

I think I'm at the point where I have to contact Italy.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

The site I gave you has phone, email and addresses for the comune. You need to know the date of birth or range of dates to request records.

There is also a link to the official site of the town.

Good luck :D