Alliano & de Thomas and Baranella & Sasamo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
italianseeker

Alliano & de Thomas and Baranella & Sasamo

Post by italianseeker »

I am looking for the following people that are referenced from coming from a town called Riccia in Campobasso.

Dominic Alliano, and Josephine deThomas; and Frank Baranella and Maria Sasamo.

Dominic & Josephine had a son named Augusta/Augustine who married a Carmina. Carmina and Augusta had one child born in Italy named Josephine and 4 others born in the US (Mary/Maria, Carmella, John and Theresa).

Carmina's parents were Frank Baranella and Maria Sasamo.

Ring a bell with anyone?

Thank you
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Alliano & de Thomas and Baranella & Sasamo

Post by PeterTimber »

Riccia, 86016 (CB) is the town and you can trace all persons born,married and deceased from 1809 to 1910 by going to your nearest family history library (www.familysearch.org for location).The microfilm for Riccia is available there along with copy making facilities.
You can further trace the names of interest to you by continuing your research at ellisisland.org website.
=Peter=
italianseeker

Post by italianseeker »

Thank you Peter.

We did the Ellis Island search but it did not open until 1892. Prior to that they apparently came through was Castle Grove? What I found was there was a fire during the transisiton of the records from Castle to Ellis and I am certain that the records I needed were destroyed. We went thru all years in Castle and came up blank.

Now, does every LDS Church have the records or are there only certain ones at each temple/church and some sort of main repositiory that houses all of them?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

www.castlegarden.org has 10 million listings from 1830 to 1892 when ellisisland opened. There may be some missing from what I recall about the fire.

Microfilms are housed in Salt Lake City Headquarters in Utah and missing films can be ordered thru the local branch. If you have to order from Argentina it can be done as I helped a man obtain his films from Utah HQ of the Mormons but they had sent it to the centrallocation in Argentina where it died a Manana death until I called Utah and they called the central depository in Argentina and then the earth moved!!!=Peter=
pcirone

Post by pcirone »

Dear Italianseeker,
I am researching the same family. My mother-in-law is the daughter of Maria, daughter of Carmine (you list August?) Alliano and Carmina Baranella. I have searched the Civil Registration records for Riccia, and quite a radius of surrounding towns and have not been able to find any birth or marriage records relating to anyone in this family. While I have found records for most of the relevant last names, none match these individuals, as far as I can tell. I did find the death record, here, of a Josephine Alliano, who lists her last name as Notartomaso, and who I think is the same Josephine judging by age and census records here. I found a passenger list for her, I believe, also listing her last name as Notartomasso, and coming from Riccia - but failed to find her under that last name in Riccia, either. Would love to exchange information!!