Bartelloni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Pasgnale

Bartelloni

Post by Pasgnale »

Can anyone please help with any information that will assist in me trying to establish where in Italy my Great Grandfather was born. All I know at the moment is that his name was "Pasgnale Bartelloni" and his skill was "Figurine Maker" born in 1826. I understand that a lot of Figurine makers came from the Lucca region ? He eventually came to England and was listed on the 1881 census as living in London at the age of 55.

Thanks
Pasgnale

Re: Bartelloni

Post by Pasgnale »

Pasgnale could have been pasquale?
mackalan

Post by mackalan »

Pascale Bartelloni is my husbands great great grandfather. His daughter, Catherina Baretelloni married a Daniel Guyon who then had 8 children: Katrina, Florence, Alicia, Maude, Bertha, Daniel, Frank and Rosena Amy. My husbands grandmother was Maude who married a Fredrick Aaron Mack. They produced 3 children; Fredrick, Maude and Joan. My husband Alan Mack was the only child of Fredrick(who is still alive at 94). Pascale Bartelloni was born in a Northern Italian town called Pescaglia. His father was a Luigi Bartelloni and to this day there are still several Luigi Bartellonis in the town.
I am posting this reply on my sons website and if you wish to get in touch with us please reply with contact details.
Pasgnale

Post by Pasgnale »

mackalan wrote:Pascale Bartelloni is my husbands great great grandfather. His daughter, Catherina Baretelloni married a Daniel Guyon who then had 8 children: Katrina, Florence, Alicia, Maude, Bertha, Daniel, Frank and Rosena Amy. My husbands grandmother was Maude who married a Fredrick Aaron Mack. They produced 3 children; Fredrick, Maude and Joan. My husband Alan Mack was the only child of Fredrick(who is still alive at 94). Pascale Bartelloni was born in a Northern Italian town called Pescaglia. His father was a Luigi Bartelloni and to this day there are still several Luigi Bartellonis in the town.
I am posting this reply on my sons website and if you wish to get in touch with us please reply with contact details.
Hi! I think I must be related to your husband as per your message re Pasquale Bartelloni. Pasquale is my Grt Grt grandfather as well. Since I joined the website I have found out a lot more information about him. My Grandmother by the way was Florence daughter of Daniel and Catherine.
Luigi Pasquale Bartelloni his full name was baptised in Pescaglia on 26th March 1826 Easter day (Pasquale) means born on Easter day. He married a Catherine Vaccari in Manchester and eventually they lived in little Italy Clerkenwell London very close to St.Peter's Italian church. Are you able to add any more to this? I am hoping to visit Pescaglia later in the year.
Great to see your message!
mackalan

Post by mackalan »

hi; great to hear from you. Yes, your grandmother and my husbands grandmother were sisters. We have a photo of the Guyon family around 1905, given to us by Rosena Amy's son Orrie who sadly now is dead. The whole family are in the photograph, also Florence's husband. We also hope to go and visit Pescaglia probably next year when my husband retires. We always used to say that he looked Italian, like Al Pacino, never thinking that he had true Italian blood in him. Alan's cousin Eric who was Maude Guyon's grandson (his mother called Maude also) is researching the family tree just now; he lives in Sydney Australia. Will keep you updated.
Pasgnale

Post by Pasgnale »

mackalan wrote:hi; great to hear from you. Yes, your grandmother and my husbands grandmother were sisters. We have a photo of the Guyon family around 1905, given to us by Rosena Amy's son Orrie who sadly now is dead. The whole family are in the photograph, also Florence's husband. We also hope to go and visit Pescaglia probably next year when my husband retires. We always used to say that he looked Italian, like Al Pacino, never thinking that he had true Italian blood in him. Alan's cousin Eric who was Maude Guyon's grandson (his mother called Maude also) is researching the family tree just now; he lives in Sydney Australia. Will keep you updated.
Hi! Thankyou so much for the further information on Bartelloni. I have sent you two (pm's) in the hope we are able to contact each other.
JBART

Post by JBART »

I am a Bartelloni whose ancestors also came from Pescaglia.

My grandfather, Ettore "Hector" Bartelloni left the village of Piegaio in 1911and served in the U.S. Army . His brother Carlo followed him after WW I.

My grandfather's parents were Vittoria Bartolomei and Pietro Bartelloni.

Either Pietro or HIS father emigrated to Chicago during the Lincoln administration, made some money and returned to Italy where he bought land in his village.

When my grandfather died in 1974, it is my understanding that he left my father Henry and his surviving brother Peter some land but they relinquished their interest in the property to the Italian relatives who had maintained it since the death of Pietro.
bartelloni

Post by bartelloni »

Dear all,
I am related to Pesquale Bartelloni. His daughter Fracesca Catarina (Frances Catherine)was the mother of Luigi Thomas Tinnock who was my grandfather. My father was Andrew Tinnock and my name is Julia O'Connor. I am very keen on discovering more abou Pasquale, more particularly his birth record. I would love any help that you can give me and to get in contact would be fantastic
Julia