How i can find three sisters settled and married in USA?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nazca
Elite
Elite

How i can find three sisters settled and married in USA?

Post by nazca »

Good Morning,

i need your help to find three sisters, of my grand father, born in Italy and settled in Chicago , Illinois last century. I'm going crazy why i don't know the surname of their husband. i searched in various data bases like ellisisland,ssdi, illlinois state archive, familysearch , ancestry and so on. Three sisters are:
Angela Genualdi (Genuardi,Gennaldi Genvaldi and so on) born in italy february 8 1867 and settled in Chicago maybe 1885-1895. I have found Angela Gennaldi in a passenger list in new orleans (nov. 22 1895) . The age (28) is correct but in the manifest there aren't other informations useful for me.

Carmela Genualdi : born in Italy february 2 1869. another passenger list ( february 15 1889) in ellisisland but non helpful informations for me. I have found Carmela Genualdi wife of Antonino Lombardo in oneworldthree but without date of born or age.

Maria Rosaria Genualdi: born in italy 1889. I have found only an ellis island manifest of alien passenger (1903) . She travelled with her brother Simone: she was 14 and Riccardo was 17 years old and they declared to join their brother Antonino and brother in law Jacobucci ????? (Bruno, Mario ??) in ChicagoRiccardo and Maria Genualdi.
If Jacobucci was brother in law , she married Angela o Carmela , but i can't find that family.

How i can find three sister's family?
thanks

Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: How i can find three sisters settled and married in USA?

Post by PeterTimber »

Angela Genualdi is listed inthe Sosical security death index but her birthdate is April 2,1998 and her social security card was issed in Illinois. I t maybe worthwhile to spend the $30.00 for a copy of her social security application (SS5) if you think there might be an error in the year iof her birth/

Maria Rosaria Genualdi comes from palermo (www.worldvitalrecords.com) which means family maybe sicilian from city of Palermo. =Peter=
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Hi Petertimber,

i think that Angela in SSDI born April 2 1898 (SSN: 331-34-3833) is not the same person i'm searching for: Death Date is August 1990 . If death date is correct she died 123 years old !
Maria Rosaria is my grandfather's sister all born in sicily: i don't have informations after she settled in Chicago : maybe she married there and i don't know who and when. it is very hard to have informations but in usa woman "lost" her surname after marriage. There is a way to find Maria (maybe mary) and her sisters?

I hope

Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Maria Rosaria Genualdi: born in italy 1889. I have found only an ellis island manifest of alien passenger (1903) . She travelled with her brother Simone: she was 14 and Riccardo was 17 years old and they declared to join their brother Antonino and brother in law Jacobucci ????? (Bruno, Mario ??) in ChicagoRiccardo and Maria Genualdi.
If Jacobucci was brother in law , she married Angela o Carmela , but i can't find that family.
riccardo joining at Jacobucci Bruno( brother in law)and Genualdi Simone (brother)
Maria Rosaria joining at Genualdi Simone (brother):

1930 United States Federal Census
about Richard Genualdi
Name: Richard Genualdi
Home in 1930: Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1887
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's Name: Anna
Race: White

Education:

Military service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace: View Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Richard Genualdi 43
Anna Genualdi 37
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

penso che Angela Genualdi fosse la moglie di Bruno Jacobucci; ho trovato un dato di morte a Chicago:
JACOBUCCI ANGELA F/W UNK 6009675 1917-03-20 COOK CHICAGO 17-03-21

e

JACOBUCCI BRUNO M/W UNK 6015752 1919-05-22 COOK CHICAGO 19-05-23

morti a distanza di due anni
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

The following website has a number of GENUALDI persons listed in the database, it is for Chicago, which is in Cook County. Registration is free:

Chicago

The following may or not be related:

Full Name Record Type File Number Event Date
AYRES, LYNDELL Marriage 1544954 6/29/1937
GENUALDI, MARY Marriage 1544954 6/29/1937

Full Name Record Type File Number Event Date
GENUALDI, ROSE Marriage 1721384 2/24/1942
SPECIALE, FRANK Marriage 1721384 2/24/1942

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Buongiorno Suanj
ho richiesto il certificato di morte " JACOBUCCI ANGELA F/W UNK 6009675 1917-03-20 COOK CHICAGO 17-03-21" ed è effettivamente la sorella di mio nonno morta in giovane età (49 anni). Presumo che Luigi Jacobucci che avevamo individuato in un altro post fosse suo figlio ma devo ancora trovare la relazione . Mi rimangono, inoltre le sorelle Carmela e Maria da individuare e , chissà, i loro discendenti....

Grazie.

Vincenzo
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

nazca wrote:Good Morning,

i need your help to find three sisters, of my grand father, born in Italy and settled in Chicago , Illinois last century. I'm going crazy why i don't know the surname of their husband. i searched in various data bases like ellisisland,ssdi, illlinois state archive, familysearch , ancestry and so on. Three sisters are:
Angela Genualdi (Genuardi,Gennaldi Genvaldi and so on) born in italy february 8 1867 and settled in Chicago maybe 1885-1895. I have found Angela Gennaldi in a passenger list in new orleans (nov. 22 1895) . The age (28) is correct but in the manifest there aren't other informations useful for me.

Carmela Genualdi : born in Italy february 2 1869. another passenger list ( february 15 1889) in ellisisland but non helpful informations for me. I have found Carmela Genualdi wife of Antonino Lombardo in oneworldthree but without date of born or age.

How i can find three sister's family?
thanks

Vincenzo
Vincenzo,

As I mentioned in another thread (which you may not have seen):

This may have come up already but I will mention it for what it is worth. The name "Genualdi" appears in Italian telephone listings fewer than 40 times and most of those are in Alto Milicia, a comune of only 5,200 persons located in the province of Palermo.

You may want to try writing to several of these families, explaining who you are and some details about your ancestors. I did something similar last year and received two replies from members of my paternal grandmother's family.
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Hi Johnnyonthespot, i read other thread and i give you an answer like personal message....
i live in Palermo and i have several informations of my family in sicily from 18th Century. I'm searching informations about relatives settled in Usa not in Italy. Someone married there and one by one i'm founding all of them.

thanks

Vincenzo
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

nazca wrote:Hi Johnnyonthespot, i read other thread and i give you an answer like personal message....
i live in Palermo and i have several informations of my family in sicily from 18th Century. I'm searching informations about relatives settled in Usa not in Italy. Someone married there and one by one i'm founding all of them.

thanks

Vincenzo
I have found that sometimes families still in Italy have records (family bibles, diaries, letters, etc) regarding family members who emigrated to other countries. If you haven't contacted any of them in the past, it would be worth sending off a few letters or telephone calls.
Eleven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Eleven »

It's very difficult to locate females in this country. We ladies sure did lose our identity. For many years, I cant get a proper surname for my husbands grandmother. Every document that I have found has a different surname.

If I had to find 3 women here, I think the best thing is to search for the marriage...then the death certificates. The marriage, will give you the name of her parents. This should provide you at least some clue..that you have the right person. The death "may" include the town in Italy the person was from. Thats how I found the town for my husbands grandfather. So, thats another clue that you have the right person.

In my opinion, social security records probably dont exist for these ladies. This country didnt get social security until around the 1930s. These ladies were already up in age by then. I have never found social security information for women in my family, born in the late 1800s.

If they married in NY..the marriage certificate numbers could be found online. Then you have to send for the certificate (you pay to get the certificate.) I dont know if Illinois has that anywhere online.

Maybe Peter knows if there is someplace that you can search for marriages and deaths for chicago.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

The link provided for Chicago above includes births, marriages and death.
wldspirit

Eleven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Eleven »

Oh..lol

My guess it thats the route he should go, then...marriages.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

The Illinois State Archives also has some records available online,
however the dates are limited, and it appears that very little has been done to add any substanial new content......thanks to our wonderful governor, the state of Illinois is in finacial distress...... :roll:
wldspirit

State Archives

lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Just a small note to say, Cook County's birth, death, marriage records are not complete as yet. It is still a work in progress so if you don't find what you need after checking there or the State Archives, it would be worth the money for them to do a search of records.

lilbees