Pulcini ; Farinelli; Santori

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
garyyarg

Pulcini ; Farinelli; Santori

Post by garyyarg »

Camillo Pulcini, according to information published at his death, was born in Ascoli-Piceno on October 24, 1880, the son of Giovanni and Anna (Farinelli) Pulcini. He attended college in Italy and served as an officer in the Bersaglieri division. He immigrated to America in 1901 and there he married Emila Santori. Emilia Santori's manifest record indicates that she also was from Ascoli-Piceno.

I am seeking any available information on these family lines or advice on where to obtain information. I am especially interested in how a man so young could have attended college and become an officer in the Bersaglieri, which I understand is a very elite light infantry division.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Pulcini ; Farinelli; Santori

Post by suanj »

garyyarg wrote:Camillo Pulcini, according to information published at his death, was born in Ascoli-Piceno on October 24, 1880, the son of Giovanni and Anna (Farinelli) Pulcini. He attended college in Italy and served as an officer in the Bersaglieri division. He immigrated to America in 1901 and there he married Emila Santori. Emilia Santori's manifest record indicates that she also was from Ascoli-Piceno.

I am seeking any available information on these family lines or advice on where to obtain information. I am especially interested in how a man so young could have attended college and become an officer in the Bersaglieri, which I understand is a very elite light infantry division.
Hi: if Camillo Pulcini emigrated in 1901, born in 1880..I've double on Military service in Italy, the italian man, they left for obligatory destination of Military service (Bersaglieri, Marina, Fanteria, Artiglieria, Genio, Alpini etc) to 20/21 age. The Military service some year it lasted...from 1910 the Military service lasted 2 year, previous 3 year, before 4/5 years..regards, suanj