Villano

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ph

Villano

Post by ph »

I posted afew days ago regarding marriage license & baptism records. My Grandfather was Guiseppe Antonio Villano from Dragoni, Italy. His father's name was Andrea & mother-Nanciati Offredo. According to my cousin he was baptised @ a church in Mairano Moundi Annunciation Church. Iknow you say there is no city by this name. I obtained information on Ellis Island site. He came from Dragoni on a ship named Lazio in1909. I am trying to find if he had any siblings and where they are. If you have any suggestions I would be grateful.
Thanks,
ph
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are two Dragoni. One is in Puglia region and the other in Campania region. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Either way both Dragoni have their respective civil records on microfilm at the Mormon church Famiuly History Library nearest your home. You can rent the micorfilm(s) and research births,marriages and deaths from 1809 to 1910 for the Dragoni in Camapania region and 1809 to 1865 in the Puglis region. Peter
DScano

Post by DScano »

There is a town called Maiorano di Monte in the Comune of Dragone, Province of Caserta. Maybe the church you're looking for is in Maiorano di Monte. Also the diocese's website is http://www.diocesi-alife-caiazzo.it/ and they have the names of all the churces on the site.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The church is called San Giovanni Battista in the town of mairorano di Monte di Dragoni. There is a town called Maiorano di Monte, postal code 81040 in the province of Caserta which may be the town you are looking for. Peter
Momi

Re: Villano

Post by Momi »

Signor Villano,
Chi le scirve e' un abitante di Maiorano di Monte, una frazione di Dragoni nella provincia di caserta.
Nel mio paese ci sono delle persone con il cognome Offreda ma nessuno con il cognome di Vilano. Pero' sono sicuro di aver conosciuto un certo Massimo Villano che abitava a Marcianofreddo, un piccolo paese vicino ad Alvignano e a Maiorano di Monte.
Le auguro di rintracciare qualcuno che la possa aiutare a rintracciare le sue origini.

Cordialmente
Michele Morelli
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are 3 persons surnamed Villano in the town of Alvignano of which Marcianofreddo is a part. If you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Villano in the first line and Alvignano in the third line and then click CERCA the three lsiutings will appaear by name,address and telephone number. Mr Morelli is very kind to point us in this direction. Thank you Mr. Morelli. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

please let me know if you are interested in writing to these people or need more information. Peter
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

how do i find the location of the nearest mormon center near me? thanks.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.