Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I am trying to get a birth certificate or an extract at least, for my great grandfather who was born in Menfi, Agrigento in August of 1895. I originally contacted the provincial archives of Agrigento located in Sciacca but the response was that only birth certificates up to the 1860’s could be found there. I will need this most important of documents to be recognized as an Italian citizen via Jure sanguine. So this leaves me with a few questions that I’m hoping someone out there may be able to answer for me.
1) To whom would I address this request to? There is no specific department or person as an addressee for birth certificates because the official website of the town hall lists simply a general address: Piazza Vittorio Emanuele - Menfi . But nothing more.
2) When I do request the document that is needed would it wise to request that it be sent to me “en carta legaleâ€
[quote="hailaugustus!"]Greetings once again my internet friends:
I am trying to get a birth certificate or an extract at least, for my great grandfather who was born in Menfi, Agrigento in August of 1895. I originally contacted the provincial archives of Agrigento located in Sciacca but the response was that only birth certificates up to the 1860’s could be found there. I will need this most important of documents to be recognized as an Italian citizen via Jure sanguine. So this leaves me with a few questions that I’m hoping someone out there may be able to answer for me.
1) To whom would I address this request to? There is no specific department or person as an addressee for birth certificates because the official website of the town hall lists simply a general address: Piazza Vittorio Emanuele - Menfi . But nothing more.
2) When I do request the document that is needed would it wise to request that it be sent to me “en carta legaleâ€
Hi,
in official website there is a link "uffici on line" and this is the e-mail address of CIVIL RECORDS OFFICE (anagrafe) : anagrafe@comune.menfi.ag.it
the manager is Giuseppa Tilocca
best regards.
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
Giovanni Caboto, son of Giulio, was born in Gaeta, Italy, around 1451 AD. After the Aragonese defeated the Angevins in 1461, his family took refuge in Venice where the young Giovanni grew up, got married to Mattea about 1870 and had three children: Ludovico, Sebastiano, and Sancto. His dream was to ...