Hi! I need help again please! Ships manifest at Ellis Island says
that my grandmother was from Bizerte. I do not know what provence this would be in. As far as I know,she was from Messina Provence. Thanks, Jo
You found her place of birth which is most likely BIZERTE in TUNISIA not Italy. Did she enter the uSA with someone in her family?? If so check out their place of birth. Peter
Thanks for checking on that for me. But she was born in Raccuia,Sicily. They must have made a mistake. The person above her on the manifest was from Bizerte. Thanks, Jo
Contrary to popular belief, not all Italian given names have Christian or classical roots. Many names encountered in older records are almost whimsical, and some cannot be translated into Latin or any other language. In order to avoid possible mistranscription of a given name with which the research...