Hi! I need help again please! Ships manifest at Ellis Island says
that my grandmother was from Bizerte. I do not know what provence this would be in. As far as I know,she was from Messina Provence. Thanks, Jo
You found her place of birth which is most likely BIZERTE in TUNISIA not Italy. Did she enter the uSA with someone in her family?? If so check out their place of birth. Peter
Thanks for checking on that for me. But she was born in Raccuia,Sicily. They must have made a mistake. The person above her on the manifest was from Bizerte. Thanks, Jo
An Italian novel for kids called "La Freccia Azzurra" (The Blue Arrow) says that all the children in the world wait for Christmas Eve to get presents from Santa Clause, but Italian kids are the luckiest in the world because they get presents again on the 6th of January by the Befana. Who is the Befa...