Help with info on the surnames Maganzini (Pinzolo) & Cap

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Talia

Help with info on the surnames Maganzini (Pinzolo) & Cap

Post by Talia »

Hi,

I am helping my boyfriend with his family tree and I am having trouble locating information on his italian ancestors. The information I currently have is:-

His great grandfather's name was Gioachino Pietro Maganzini born about 1894 I think in Pinzolo but I don't have any more information on that. He married Rosaria Carolina Capaldi born in 1900 in Portsmouth UK her father was Filippo Capaldi born about 1877 in Italy, he married Emilia who was born about 1881 in Italy (according to the 1901 UK Census)

I don't have anymore information on Gioachino or the other names listed above I only have the info I have listed from what is known when they came to the United Kingdom.

We have just started working on this side of his family and it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help share any information.

Thanks,
stuartcapaldi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help with info on the surnames Maganzini (Pinzolo) &

Post by stuartcapaldi »

Good morning

I do not know about Maganzini from Pinzolo but I have done my own research on my Capaldi ancestors which, similar to you, I started with nil information.

Check my web page for details of how I searched for my Grandfather's ancestors. He came to Edinburgh Scotland circa 1904.

www.capaldi-clan.com

Yo will need to find out the exact location from where your Capaldi ancestors come from.

I note that Pinzolo is in north Italy, the vast majority of Capaldis coming to Britain circa 1900 came from the Val di Comino, Cassino and some from Abruzzo.

Try some of the following sites which will give you some idea of the areas and villages to search

www.picinisco.com
www.picinisco.net

My Capaldi ancestors all come from the village of San Giuseppe in the commune of Picinisco
Stuart Capaldi
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Talia wrote:His great grandfather's name was Gioschino Pietro Maganzini born about 1894 I think in Pinzolo but I don't have any more information on that
Hello,
to check about the bapt record of Gioschino Pietro Maganzini write to

1) Reverendo padre
Parrocchia di S. Lorenzo
Piazza Libertà, 13,
38086 Pinzolo (TN)
Italy

2) Archivio Storico Diocesano
Piazza Fiera, 2 -
38100 Trento - Italy

tel. 0461 891113 - fax 0461 891201
e-mail: archivio@diocesitn.it

3) Spett.le Provincia Autonome di Trento
Servizio Emigrazione e Solidarietà internazionale
Ufficio Emigrazione

Via Jacopo Aconcio, 5
38100 TRENTO - ITALIA

tel. +39 0461 493154
fax +39 0461 493155
serv.emigr-sol.int@provincia.tn.it

or rent the Pinzolo FHL microfilm of the parish

Battesimi 1640-1923 Matrimoni 1779-1911 FHL INTL Film
1388956 Items 17-28

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... lesiastici++

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Hi,
first name Gioschino doesn't exist. It is Gioachino or with double "c" Gioacchino.

Regards Ada