Mili S Pietro?????

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
jenthies

Mili S Pietro?????

Post by jenthies »

My uncle told me that my grandmothers family (Bombara) is from Mili S Pietro in Messina.........I am very confused on this considering I only found it this way on one map........other than that....I am finding Mili San Pietro on the map but a little south of Messina........can anyone tell me the correct name of the place and where on earth (in Italy) it is.....Thanks!!!!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Mili S Pietro?????

Post by suanj »

jenthies wrote:My uncle told me that my grandmothers family (Bombara) is from Mili S Pietro in Messina.........I am very confused on this considering I only found it this way on one map........other than that....I am finding Mili San Pietro on the map but a little south of Messina........can anyone tell me the correct name of the place and where on earth (in Italy) it is.....Thanks!!!!
Hi: Mili S.Pietro are an fraction of Messina town..
this are the Bombara persons living in Mili San Pietro: http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... 00&cf=2566&
map : http://sicilyweb.com/mappe/me-big.gif
regards, suanj
jenthies

Post by jenthies »

ok, thanks.....but are you telling me that Mili S Pietro and Mili San Pietro are the same?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

jenthies wrote:ok, thanks.....but are you telling me that Mili S Pietro and Mili San Pietro are the same?
yes: S.= San (same word but short) :wink:
jenthies

Post by jenthies »

:D thank you
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Another way to think of this is that Messina is also a Province....like a county. So the town of Mili S. Pietro is in the Province of Messina...not in the city itself.
jenthies

Post by jenthies »

thanks, I also found out that it used to be called Mili Superiore...which helped alot when I was looking for info at the family history center.......found my great grandfather's birth and marriage record
marcobombara

Post by marcobombara »

Ciao Jenthies, sono Marco Bombara ed anche io pronvengo dalla familglia Bombara-Miduri di Mili S.Pietro. Sicuramente siamo cugini... Mia nonna si chiama Maria Costantino e Mio nonno si chiamava Antonino Miduri (detto Nino Marocco) ed era cugino di con Sostene Miduri (è morto) e la moglie Concetta Bombara... I miei nonni sono venuti in New Jersey trenta anni fa. Comunque, Mili San Pietro è un piccolo paese in provincia di Messina. Aspetto tue notizie. Ciao, Marco.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello Jenthies, I'm Marco Bombara and I have origin of family Bombara-Mduri of Mili S.Pietro. Safely We are cousin... My grand-mather is Mary Costantino and my gran-frather was Antony Miduri (nickname "Nino Marrocco") and he was cousin with Sostene Miduri (He dead) and your wife Concetta Bombara... My gran-father and my grand-mather went in New Jersey 30 yers ago. , However, Mili S.Pietro is a little coutry in province of Messina. I wait your notice. CIAO, MARCO.
arimid

Post by arimid »

Hello jenthies, my name is Natale Miduri. Yesterday my daughter informed me about the message on the forum, so I decided to write to you. I live in Mili San Pietro, a little village in Messina.
During my honeymoon I went to New Jersey with my wife, Liliana.
Sostine Miduri and Concetta Bombara gave hospitality to us.
They, now ,have died and we have no news about their sons.
I'd like to know yourself (if you have a webcam, I can get in touch with you) and, if possible, have any news about my relatives, you surely know.

P.S. can you give me your e-mail address.
My e-mail is arimid@virgilio.it

Ciao
JenniferSantora75

Post by JenniferSantora75 »

Hello Natale and Marco,
I hope you still check this forum. I stopped working on my family history in 2004. Forgive me, but I know very little Italian. My grandmother was Joanne (Bombara) Santora, younger sister of Concetta (Bombara) Midure. There was also another sister, Cindy (Bombara) Speziali, that lived directly next to Aunt Concetta. Aunt Cindy and her husband Frank visited Mili S. Pietro years ago and Uncle Frank was able to tell me a little about that visit and that we still have family there. All have passed away, including brother Carmen Bombara. Still living are Salvatore Bombara, Cosmo (John) Bombara, and Josephine (Bombara) Hollingshead. They were all the children of Cosmo and Nicolina (Cavallero) Bombara that came to the states in 1912/13. I will have to get back to you on the relatives of Concetta (her children) as my father will know more about his first cousins. I know that Austin and Joe are well. I can be reached via email jnovak75@aol.com.
Hope to hear from you,
Jen
Ciao Natale e Marco,
Spero che ancora verificare questo forum. Ho smesso di lavorare sulla storia della mia famiglia nel 2004. Perdonami, ma so molto poco italiano. Mia nonna era Joanne (Bombara) Santora, sorella minore di Concetta (Bombara) Midure. C'era anche un'altra sorella, Cindy (Bombara) Speziali, che ha vissuto direttamente accanto a zia Concetta. Zia Cindy e suo marito Frank visitato Mili S. Pietro di anni fa e lo zio Frank è stato in grado di dirmi un po 'di quella visita e che abbiamo ancora famiglia. Tutti sono passate, tra cui il fratello Carmen Bombara. Ancora vivi sono Salvatore Bombara, Cosmo (Giovanni) Bombara, e Josephine (Bombara) Hollingshead. Erano tutti i figli di Cosmo e Nicolina (Cavallero) Bombara che è venuto agli stati nel 1912/13. Dovrò tornare a voi i parenti di Concetta (i suoi figli), come mio padre saprà di più sui suoi cugini di primo grado. So che Austin e Joe stanno bene. Posso essere raggiunto via e-mail jnovak75@aol.com.
Spero di sentire da voi,
Jen