any italian-americans in Chicago consulate's jurisdicti

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
srbisciglia

any italian-americans in Chicago consulate's jurisdicti

Post by srbisciglia »

salve a tutti!

I live in MN and qualify to apply for citizenship jure sanguinis through the Chicago consulate. I am a member of another online community devoted to these sorts of topics, but I can't seem to find anyone that has any experience with the Chicago consulate in this way.

I am considering relocating in case Chicago has a long turnaround, but does anyone have any direct experience with the Chicago consulate regarding citizen applications?

I would love any feedback

-samuel
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: any italian-americans in Chicago consulate's jurisd

Post by PeterTimber »

No but I understand Miami is easiest Consulate at the moment. =Peter=
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

I also do not have direct experience, but anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that Chicago is one of the more difficult consulates. Miami, I've heard, is good, but they are getting picky about discrepancies. Boston may be a good choice, but as a born and bred New Yorker, I am reluctant to suggest it as a possibility.
srbisciglia

Post by srbisciglia »

There was an appointment of a new consular general in 2007 and they had something of a moratorium on new applications through 2008.

I am hoping they are getting caught up, as i read on another forum that 3 years ago there was quite a wait. then again, maybe that moratorium came from higher up the ladder