b.m.d indexes

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jolynn
Elite
Elite

b.m.d indexes

Post by jolynn »

hello, can anyone tell me if like here in england there are any birth marriage and death indexes on-line in italy? thankyou, regards, john
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: b.m.d indexes

Post by PeterTimber »

In Italy city, towns and villages are archives for BMD in their jurisdictions with duplicates maintained at provincial level. Microfilm copies of many city,towns and villages are maintained by Mormon family History Library nearest your home. Merry Christmas in merry old...=Peter=
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

hello peter, thankyou and a merry old christmas from merry old england. take care, kind regards, john
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

....and happy new year to the both of us! =Peter=
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

.......one and all! regards, john
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

There are some civil records available for a few towns online, but these are few and far between......are you looking for something specific?
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

hello, yes i am looking for some birth records or indexes of birth. they are in cervaro (fr). felicella conte abt. 1890 cervaro, maria giuseppa conte 10/2/1892 cervaro, also raphael conte april 1894 cassino, the trouble is most records were destroyed in the war and i am getting really stuck. i was told thewre are some parish records in cervaro but they are in a poor condition and the priest is reluctant to let you see them. thankyou for your interest and any help at all would be apriciated. kind regards, john
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Peter says that duplicates of BMD are maintained at the Provincial level. This may be true in some areas but not in Frosinone. They have a few towns (Sora and Isola del Liri that I know of) up to 1899 that were microfilmed but nothing after that.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Thanks for picking that up for me Italy searcher. =happy New year. =Peter=
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

thankyou both for that, does anyone know how i can overcome my impasse? kindest regards, john