Emma Giovanelli - Lundo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Veronesi-Guardini
Rookie
Rookie

Emma Giovanelli - Lundo

Post by Veronesi-Guardini »

In response to an earlier post, it turns out that the Giozone turned out to not be far wrong. My father suddenly remembered the maiden name of Emma to be Giovanelli. She was born in 1875 in Lundo, a small village not far north of Lago di Garda. She died in 1955

Does anyone have a information about her or any possible family?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Emma Giovanelli - Lundo

Post by PeterTimber »

Lundo is a suburb or absorbed hamlet by the comuine of LOMASO 38070, Province of Trento in the Trentino Alto Adige region.

You might wish to write to the uffico di Stato Civile in Lomaso inquiring into the extent of their civil records years which may include her records. Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Lomasoand click on the lomaso name and address a form letter http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html to their municipal offices (uffico di Stato Civile). =peter=
Veronesi-Guardini
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks for the links. Me and my father are planning a trip to Lago di Garda this summer to do some research. He speaks fluent Italian and knows the area very well, so im very excited about that.

It seems that Giovanelli is a very common name in Lundo. Its only a small village, but there are still plenty on Giovanelli's there!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Not to worry everyone knows everyone in small villages...just like in merry old. =Peter=
Veronesi-Guardini
Rookie
Rookie

I have had a brief look on familysearch.org, and there are many records for Giovanelli's in the Trento region, some I saw from town and villages very close to Lundo, but it wont be easy to sift through without any names :S
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Turn the statue of Saint Anthony upside down and the name will come!! =Peter=
Veronesi-Guardini
Rookie
Rookie

So his name is Made in China Giovanelli...

Is that a common name?
Veronesi-Guardini
Rookie
Rookie

UPDATE

Emma's parents are Santo Giovanelli and Teresa Bottesi. I havent found their D.O.B's or where they were from, but I can say with reasonable confidence that they were from Lundo or there abouts

Emma was born in 1875 to give you an idea of dates
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Lundo is a frazione (hamlet,neighborhood suburb absorbed into larger Comune) of the Lomaso Comune. Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Lundo and click on Lundo and you will see that it is a frazione of Lomaso. Put in Lomaso and click onmLomaso and send request for documents to ther Lomaso Uffico di Stato Civile at therir munic ipio asddress which is down from the Lomaso. Just scroll down to the column headed "Municipio."

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for requests in Italian language. =Peter=
~Peter~
doerschlag

Post by doerschlag »

Veronesi-Guardini wrote:I have had a brief look on familysearch.org, and there are many records for Giovanelli's in the Trento region, some I saw from town and villages very close to Lundo, but it wont be easy to sift through without any names :S

Lundo is up the valley side from Vigo Lomaso and the Church of San Lorenzo. Beautiful area, as is pretty much all of northern Italy. I visited this area with my wife's family twice now, as her family is from Vigo Lomaso and Santa Croce. I currently have the records for San Lorenzo, which includes Lundo. My wife has some Sansonis from Lundo and maybe more, so maybe you two are related.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doerschlag

Post by doerschlag »

Veronesi-Guardini wrote:UPDATE

Emma's parents are Santo Giovanelli and Teresa Bottesi. I havent found their D.O.B's or where they were from, but I can say with reasonable confidence that they were from Lundo or there abouts

Emma was born in 1875 to give you an idea of dates
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paulyb

Post by paulyb »

Hi,

The photo of the "another building" (the house with the arches on the balcony) you have above is of my late aunty's house (in Lundo).

Her name was Maria Bassetti, who married a Trentini. Her and my dad (and other brothers and sisters) grew up in the house next door to the Lundo church.

Dad's mum (ie. my late grandmother) was a Sara Bottesi.

Regards
Paul Bassetti