Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
fiji2439

Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's

Post by fiji2439 »

Heard alot of negative! Any positive feedback on Miami's consulate. Also need documents translated... Anyone have contacts or maybe could reccomend someone?
drbland

Re: Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's

Post by drbland »

Alessandro Rubinacci
ATA Certified Translator - English>Italian
Tel: (561) 798-7422
Fax: (561) 798-7436
arubinacci@arubinacci.com

He helped me translate my documents.
matta
Rookie
Rookie

Post by matta »

I could have sworn that I made a post in this thread two weeks ago with positives about Miami. Anyway,

1. Miami is strict in their application, so they're fast to send out approval letters if you make it through the appointment (vs. some other consulates that can take a year or more between application and approval).

2. Applying at the consulate is a good reason to take a trip to Miami

3. Miami does not require documents from outside the direct line, so no need to track down a great grandmother's birth certificate
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jcat »

hi matta... nice to see you on this board. i did talk with Virginia @ the Miami Consulate before the New year and was told about three - four weeks for approval.
JMFL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JMFL »

Miami doesn't require any death certificates. This was huge for me as my application was as follows: me, my mom, my GF. My GF's New York City death certificate had his last named spelled with one letter different than his other documents. I would have had to get a court order to amend it. Since I live in Fl and was applying thru Miami, I didn't have to amend his death certificate. (My cousins in other parts of the country aren't so fortunate and will have to go thru the process of amending it if they want to pursue their dual citizenship)
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Forum member Riccardo Bruno has done many professional translation for dual citizenship. PM him at ricbru (his screen name).
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

BillieDeKid wrote:Forum member Riccardo Bruno has done many professional translation for dual citizenship. PM him at ricbru (his screen name).
Riccardo is great! You can also contact him via his website here He can translate and is an expert in Italian Citizenship laws.
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jcat »

I don't think jmfl was looking for a translation, it seems he was stating that death certificates are sometimes required in dual citizenship applications. I'm going to be using my grandfathers in Miami as it will clarify his name change over the years from Vincenzo to James as the Death certificate has his name as James (Vincenzo)whereas his birth certificate from Italy it is Vincenzo and my fathers birth certificate has him listed as James thus clearing up any questions as to who he is.
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

jcat wrote:I don't think jmfl was looking for a translation, it seems he was stating that death certificates are sometimes required in dual citizenship applications. I'm going to be using my grandfathers in Miami as it will clarify his name change over the years from Vincenzo to James as the Death certificate has his name as James (Vincenzo)whereas his birth certificate from Italy it is Vincenzo and my fathers birth certificate has him listed as James thus clearing up any questions as to who he is.
fiji2439 wrote:Heard alot of negative! Any positive feedback on Miami's consulate. Also need documents translated... Anyone have contacts or maybe could reccomend someone?
Hi JCAT

I believe the poster was asking if there was someone we could recommend that does this type of work and I know Riccardo, his work, his work ethics and that is why I have recommended him.

Regards,
Elizabeth
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jcat »

Hi BillieDeKid,
my bad, I was referring to the post by jmfl and not the original request by fiji2439. Sorry about the mixup gang !

best wishes,
jcat
federici1999
Rookie
Rookie

Post by federici1999 »

I go this Friday The 13th to the Miami Consulate. Not sure if its the best date. Will post the meeting Friday night. I'll let you know what was required and what I missed.
Thanks Bob

Looking for Federici and Cavalli from Bedonia
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jcat »

Good luck to you Bob, and I wouldn't worry about it being Friday the 13th. Will look forward to your post...
JMFL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JMFL »

Bob,

Good luck on Friday. Virginia is very organized and helpful. You can help the process along by being organized when you meet with her. You will be standing at a bank teller type window the entire time so it may be easier for you to have all your papers put together in the order she will ask for them. I did one color file folder for each person in the line, which was my GF, my mon and then me.

Following my example this is the order that Virgina asked for my documents:
My GF's birth cert, his Italian marriage cert, his proof of Italian citizenship from the comune, his naturalization cert, my mom's birth, marriage, my birth and marriage.

She didn't ask where I had lived since I was 14. She did need to see a photo id. She will hand you three papers to fill out there in the office. When you are done you turn them back in to her.

Before you leave the office be sure to ask for your case file number. If there are any problems you will want this number to help track your papers. (If there are problems you can mail in what is missing or needs to be corrected, you don't have to go back to Miami again, just be sure and include your file number in your cover letter and it will be processed promptly. I speak from experience on that one as my mom's application was approved in under two weeks, mine took some time because I had to amend my birth certificate, did it all by mail and was approved within two weeks of Miami receiving the amended document in the mail).

There is metered parking out front. Bathrooms are on the first floor of the building. When you get to the consulate suite you will see the Citizsenship window just as you enter the room.

Best of luck,
JMFL
federici1999
Rookie
Rookie

Post by federici1999 »

Thanks JMFL
I will have everything ready like you suggested. Leaving on Thursday and staying overnight in Plantation then will drive down to Coral Gables in the AM. I believe I have everything needed. Still I have some concern about my Fathers Given Name. It was Camillo on his birth in 1919 But all other papers refer to him as Carl. But all papers that have his name as Carl also reference my grandparents so I believe there should be no problem, but we will see.
Thanks Bob

Looking for Federici and Cavalli from Bedonia
JMFL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JMFL »

Bob,

My mom's first name was spelled differetly on each of her documents and it was all ok. Virginia has no problems within reason with First name differences. Also, if Carl is a typical americanized usage of the word Camillo then you are fine because Miami accepts First name americanizations. They will not accept any Last name differences though.

JMFL