Battaglia's Atina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ginap
Rookie
Rookie

Battaglia's Atina

Post by ginap »

Does anyone know anything about
Filomena Rosa Battaglia
b1864 06 may
Atina Frosinone.
thank you
Gina : )
Also Giachino Battaglia 1782
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Battaglia's Atina

Post by Italysearcher »

Atina still has the old Register of the Population created around 1861 and updated for the next 40-50 years. You can see a sample on my website.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
ginap
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ginap »

Italysearcher wrote:Atina still has the old Register of the Population created around 1861 and updated for the next 40-50 years. You can see a sample on my website.
the thing is there is a twist to my ancestors apparently my great grand father Filippo Federico Battaglia was conceived before marriage his father was Federico Gioacchino Maria Battaglia born 1837 Atina he married Carmela Secondini b 1838 married 1860 his father was Luigi Battaglia b1807 Napoli and his father before that was Gioacchino Battaglia b 1782 married Maria Filippa Ischardi. in 1833 Luigi married Gaetana Tutinelli also became possidente so was Gioacchino Battaglia possidente then in 1860 Federico G M Battaglia became contadino my great grand father had a sister Filamena/Filomena battaglia b 6 may 1863 and married Domenico Raffaele Michele Di Paolo in 1898 (he was twice her age) Luigi Federico was born in Atina the youngest son of my great grand father no record of this birth nor of the birth of Orazio Battaglia who died at a young age accidentally . there is only one document with great grand fathers name and i am not supposed to know this.
cbbob

Post by cbbob »

My Mother was born in Atina. Her last name was Nardelli. I was there in 1984. Nice town
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Do you know the difference between Possidente and contadino? The way you have it the family went downhill. I take it you don't know the name of your GGrandfather's mother? To sort this out you need to see the pages of the Register. It was like a census that was updated. In or out of wedlock, he would be listed with the family who took care of him.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
ginap
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ginap »

Hello is one country gentleman and the other peasant? yes his mother was Carmella Secondini b 1838 born in Atina it was this marriage that Filippo's gfather got very upset about Carmela and Federico g m Battaglia was ostracized by Luigi Battaglia.
But there was a lot of property which should have been left to my great g father? so all his children said and an old lady who was alive in the seventies who told a family member what had happened.
I personally do not care about the material things just want to know about what family there is left.... if any and who.
Any how thank you for your interest Gina x
NonnaLou

Post by NonnaLou »

Hi, I too am researching my family roots in Atina.

My maternal grandparents left Atina in 1911 to live in London in the “Little Italyâ€
I am researching these surnames in Atina, Frosinone:
Leonardi, Del Prete, Rossi, Farina, Salvia, Bracciale, Tortolani, Di Fiore, Pesce, Massa, Capogrossi, Rolfi