USCIS help Thank you

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
helpplease

USCIS help Thank you

Post by helpplease »

Hello everyone! I am making progress :D
I have recently been able to retrieve some more information on the Naturalization of my GGF from italiangen.org and have been looking over the G-1041A form and it asked for the day and month but I only have the year is that a problem? I would rather not wait the 6 months for the search to come back with the same # I found in a day. So I guess my question is if I can fill out the form with just the year or has anyone had problems with this? The petition number is 81192 if that helps and his name is Vincenzo Cataldi. I am sure this is him because his wife is the next petition number. Thanks again, you all are such a blessing! Mike
helpplease

Re: USCIS help Thank you

Post by helpplease »

Oh sorry and would the petition number be a C-file #? Thanks
helpplease

Post by helpplease »

Sorry again but I also saw that you can request a certified copy from "The National Archives" can you use this for Dual Citizenship app or just the USCIS one. Thank one last time haha
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jcat »

what they are looking for is the "Certificate #(C file) which is found on the "Oath of alligiance page of his naturalization papers(there should be 4 pages in all) This would be a 7 digit # and yes, the month and date is necessary. you will also need to include the County ,State, and in which court his naturalization took place. What helped in my locating my grandfathers naturalization papers was, I called the county in which he lived and sure enough it was there. I am still waiting for the USCIS to do the genealogy search, about four months now. If you can locate his naturalization papers through the county, all of the info you will need to make out the G104A forms will be there for you. The consulates do want the USCIS copy of the naturalization papers. I'm still waiting to see if they send one to me now that I have obtained the copy from the County and sent in G104A. I hope this helps.....
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

jcat wrote:what they are looking for is the "Certificate #(C file) which is found on the "Oath of alligiance page of his naturalization papers(there should be 4 pages in all) This would be a 7 digit # and yes, the month and date is necessary. you will also need to include the County ,State, and in which court his naturalization took place. What helped in my locating my grandfathers naturalization papers was, I called the county in which he lived and sure enough it was there. I am still waiting for the USCIS to do the genealogy search, about four months now. If you can locate his naturalization papers through the county, all of the info you will need to make out the G104A forms will be there for you. The consulates do want the USCIS copy of the naturalization papers. I'm still waiting to see if they send one to me now that I have obtained the copy from the County and sent in G104A. I hope this helps.....
The NYC consulate was more than happy with the Declaration, Petition, and Oath of Allegiance I obtained from the Westchester County, NY, Archives. I had the archivist send the copies directly to the Westchester County Clerk's office where they affixed their seal, certifying that the documents were true copies of the originals held by the county archives.

FWIW, the copies I eventually received from USCIS more than 1 year after requesting them were absolutely worthelss. At most, perhaps 10% of the typewritten words were legible and 1% of the printed forms.
jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jcat »

thanks for the heads up johnnyonthespot. Not to mention, I still haven't heard from the USCIS regarding the genealogy search from four months ago! Since obtaining the naturalization documents for my grandfather(free of charge)I went ahead and sent in the G104A a week ago. I did talk with the officer at the Miami Consulate in regards to submitting what I have instead of possibly not receiving the USCIS copy before my appointment for dual citizenship in December 2009, and she had no problem with this. Each page has the multicolored stamp of NYS- County of Monroe along with an embossed stamp of the County. I suppose it's my ace in the hole.
Now if I can get the Comune in Italy to send a second corrected birthdate on my grandfathers birth certificate...................................."Patience is a virtue"
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com