Looking for Information on Matarese / Lombardi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
muchmorejunk

Looking for Information on Matarese / Lombardi

Post by muchmorejunk »

SO I have traced my Great Great Grandfather back from USA to Formia. I'm trying to find Marriage and Death records of them. The Surname is Matarese and his wife's maiden name is Lobardi. Anyone have leads on how to go about this search in italy?

Also is there information out there about Formia's occupation by the Germans in WWII?

Thanks
Frank
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Information on Matarese / Lombardi

Post by PeterTimber »

Civil records for Formia go from 1809 to 1865 on micorfilm at your nearest Mormon familyhistory library. You m,ight also wish to write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile in Formia (you provide no dates?) go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html for Italian records and form letters in Italian langiage.

As for WW11 German occupation of Formia go to www.civilwarmall.com/bookseller/files/wwiiMZ.htm =Peter=
~Peter~
muchmorejunk

Post by muchmorejunk »

Thanks for the lead - her is more details:

Giovanni Matarese - Born 1882 - I think he was born in Padove (outside of Venice) and then moved to Formia

Giuseppe Matarese - Born 1883 - Again - he may have been born in Padovd - But I am going to search Formia.

Is my only resource writing to Italy? Will Mormons have microfiche? They have a big center here in Los Angeles....
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Yes of course they do. Padova/Padova has microfilm for 1871 to 1910 and Formia has micorfilm from 1809 to 1865. =Peter=
~Peter~